Parents Confession time....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Well, this thread inspired me. We just went through all her leos (more than I want to admit to her owning) and weeded out all the ones she won't wear for whatever logical or illogical reason. Gave them all away to her teammates! A whole shopping bag FULL! It will be nice to see them get some use, some of these had never been worn, some were loved but too small... It was really hard for her, some she had special ordered the fabric and OKed a pattern, but hated it after it was sewn up but she didn't want to give them up even though she would never wear them (and it was u fixable, unfortunately, as I cannot ADD fabric to a neck or leg line once it's cut out....). Hopefully of some of the special fabrics I'll have enough to make a replacement....

It was really hard for her
My DD had a really hard time giving up leos that she had truely grown out of and still looks sad when she sees them at gym! I let her choose one to keep and she got a brand new one with the money chosen from the GK store (her first brand new one) but she is a funny chook about this sort of thing!

Anyway for the holidyas she got one (2nd hand from ebay ;)). A short sleeved version of that magenta USA 2012 olympic team leo cos she loved the Gabby Douglas movie :)

We have kept two leos thus far. Her very first one that she wore for the summer show (and kept wearing for four more years, hah!), and her first team leo. I got a shadow box, and put the leo in with one pic I paid for at a meet, and her medals. She loves it.

It was really hard for her,
DD has one that she flat out refuses to get rid of. It's velour and WORN. It doesn't fit anymore, but still won't give it up.
She wore this one leo every day her first competition year. She was going to gym 2 nights a week, and wore it EVERY practice. No other leo was comfortable. It's blue and has been named "Bluie".

Just last month, one coach said to her "Boy, you've come a long way from Bluie!" ;)

DD has one that she flat out refuses to get rid of. It's velour and WORN. It doesn't fit anymore, but still won't give it up.
She wore this one leo every day her first competition year. She was going to gym 2 nights a week, and wore it EVERY practice. No other leo was comfortable. It's blue and has been named "Bluie".

Just last month, one coach said to her "Boy, you've come a long way from Bluie!" ;)
YG had one leo that i got on sale from Snowflake years ago (i got her and OG matching leos for $8 each). She loved it. It was called Brown Steps. When she outgrew hers, she moved right into her sister's. Last year, she outgrew that one... i was browsing ebay and found someone selling it- and in her size! I got it for her.
No clue what i will do when she outgrows this one, lol.

Is that bluie in your avatar pic?

After practice yesterday, my fashionista dd reported all the girls who were wearing new leos, presumably Christmas presents. I asked how she could possibly know all the girls' leos (big team, lots of girls) to know who had new leos, and she said, "I just do, okay?"

Weirdo! :) (said in the most affectionate way)

After practice yesterday, my fashionista dd reported all the girls who were wearing new leos, presumably Christmas presents. I asked how she could possibly know all the girls' leos (big team, lots of girls) to know who had new leos, and she said, "I just do, okay?"

Weirdo! :) (said in the most affectionate way)
Mine knows too...wild, isn't it!

She'd had an extra one that we needed to buy for the gym Christmas display and then she has a Christmas themed one in as one of her advent presents (a few of the girls at gym had them, a fab mum there makes them and we'd arranged for them to wear them on the same day.) then we got her one that I just couldn't resist then my mum arrived with one of my nieces old but still fab condition leotard oh and I bought one off one of the seniors as she had a box of too small that she was selling ... So 5 new to her leotards in December and she didn't need any of them! It's her birthday next week and yes she's got another Leo on her list and I've got the fab mum at gym making her one in a colour she hasn't got and that will take us up to 17/18...I will not look at any until she goes up to the next size! I really really won't!

Oh and for what to do when they outgrow them...at this age (4-7) and maybe a year after I'm making them into something ...a blanket or wall art....or something.

Both of my girls got two new leos. I made them, though and got the fabric at a Black Friday sale, so it cost me maybe $20 for all four.

Also, my older daughter gave her little sister a zebra leo and bar shorts set (younger daughter loves zebras).

And no, neither of them needed any new leos. :p

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back