Parents Confession time....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My DDs (2 years apart) wear about the same size. Between them, they have probably 25+ leos that fit. You wouldn't know it with older DD though, she always gravitates towards the same 3. Ugh. She practices 5 days per week, so it would appear that she doesn't have enough leos to cover a week; but hopefully people see that little sis has a ton (and it is obvious that they are the same size), so people know that big sis just wears her favorites. She does love plum leos; but by the time I decided to order one, they didn't have the ones she liked in her size.

She will be getting 3 at comps this year, little sis will be getting 2. So, the stash is growing.

(In my defense for the number of leos they have... Their torsos grow pretty slow - some of these leos that still fit have been owned by us for 3 years!)

No, but I'm seriously considering trying to fit in sewing her one she really wants.... I won't really have time tonight and I have already switched all machines to a dance costume I'm making, but I will probably make her the "special" one over the break. Not that she needs it, she probably has 30-35 leos right now....

ha the curse of the sewer eh ?

Pink has none, but will be getting several after Christmas as she is modelling for a new leo company and gets to keep the leos, last count she had 19 that fitted.......

I hit up the $10-15 sale leos on the Dreamlight and Plum sites... For a total of 5 for ODD, 2 for YDD, and 1 each for my two nieces who are beginning gymmies - I doubled each of their existing leo wardrobes! In my defense, 4 of the ones for ODD and 1 for YDD are a little big so they should be able to wear them for a long, long time.

DD got the one she has been begging for. She is 'going to check at the gym to make sure it was made by the elves and not bought at the gym'. . She has so many, so while she asked for about 5 different ones even the 1 is not needed. Her doll got 2 as well!!

Mine has more than necessary. I bought a couple from the Dreamlight sale, but they are too big. I will hang on to them for now....
When they get tight, I take them out of her drawer....
She usually does not find Leo's too exciting..... Occasionally, one will catch her eye, but I'm the one who's addicted. I swear it's like American girl clothes for grown ups.

You all that have the DDs that only wear a small fraction of their leos should adopt my laundry technique. Since leos don't get washed with regular clothes due to the fabric softener issue, I have a small basket in the laundry that I toss in leos after they've been worn. But I don't wash them until DD has worn the last of her clean leos. This way, she doesn't wear out her favorites so quickly and all of her leos look new longer. Plus, it prevents the "my god does that child have more than three leos?" questions. :rolleyes:

I actually wash ours with regular laundry though. Lol. I can hardly keep up with laundry as it is. If I washed anything in a "special" manner, it would quite literally NEVER get washed.

I do try to grab them and hang them instead of throwing them in the dryer, but that doesn't always happen either. Good thing she has so many.

DD got 5 total new leos as gifts this month... Uh, dearest DH, they were on sale??? And she sort of needed them???

She's nearing the next size, so that's how it was 'justified'. She usually doesn't get so many so close together. Most years she just gets that "must-have leo" under the tree, but as she's rapidly outgrowing her CL GK/UA mystique, I am starting to replenish.

And yes, as @cbifoja recommends, I've also learned that I have to wait to wash leos, or DD just wears her 3-4 favorites over and over and over.

She usually practices 5 days per week, and now currently has 17 leos, of which three "fit kind of funny", one is "special" so is rarely worn (it's been signed), and six are the "next size" and are just starting to fit (read: aren't enormous on her).

DD received 4 for Christmas -- thanks to whoever posted about the Dreamlight sale! Such good prices, I couldn't resist. 2 fit now, and 2 are a little big. She's due for a growth spurt - it worked out well.

They still have a few at really good prices. I am staunchly resisting temptation.

My DDs have gotten one nice, special, leo for Christmas for years (although they used to be ballet leos). This year, thanks to the $15 GK sale, they actually got three each. Now these and a couple of books were their only gifts, but they definitely didn't need new leos. Unfortunately, even with brand new GK you get what you pay for. The sizing on them was weird, but also the very first day that my DD wore the very first one- it ripped at the neck seam halfway through practice. We have never had a leo rip before, and except a very few they were all purchased used. It was pretty disappointing.

My DDs have gotten one nice, special, leo for Christmas for years (although they used to be ballet leos). This year, thanks to the $15 GK sale, they actually got three each. Now these and a couple of books were their only gifts, but they definitely didn't need new leos. Unfortunately, even with brand new GK you get what you pay for. The sizing on them was weird, but also the very first day that my DD wore the very first one- it ripped at the neck seam halfway through practice. We have never had a leo rip before, and except a very few they were all purchased used. It was pretty disappointing.
That's too bad, do you think GK was selling irregular (or seconds) leos at the sale?

Total in the last 2 weeks it was her birthday the week before Xmas so dd had 2 for that and 3 for Xmas plus a crop top and short set I've given up
Hoping she will grow into the next size still in the same size as when she started gym

I ordered a few Dreamlight leos in the same size as DD's team leo. She is complaining that they are a little tight. Do they stretch out after a wear or two?

That is interesting about the dreamlighrs because my dd is beyond excited that "they fit my muscle butt!", lol...
(And so am I, quite frankly...)

Her team leo is Dreamlight, too, and only about a month old. Maybe the leos just feel snug after spending a few wonderful days in pajamas. :) I do hope the one I already washed does stretch.

You all that have the DDs that only wear a small fraction of their leos should adopt my laundry technique. Since leos don't get washed with regular clothes due to the fabric softener issue, I have a small basket in the laundry that I toss in leos after they've been worn. But I don't wash them until DD has worn the last of her clean leos. This way, she doesn't wear out her favorites so quickly and all of her leos look new longer. Plus, it prevents the "my god does that child have more than three leos?" questions. :rolleyes:

To try and get my DD to weed out the ones she doesn't like, one night when I hung one up, I put a scrunchie on the hanger (the matching one, of course!). I said "From here on out, you need to take from the left side. If you hit one that you really don't want to wear, or doesn't fit, it's time to give it up."
That was sometime mid-November. And she's not made it to the scrunchie yet!! And, I, like some of you other pushovers, bought her two more in that GK sale, and 2 more from Plum that was for a fundraiser, and...one for Christmas with 2016 RIo on it, and grandma wanted to buy her one from GK...
I'm officially crazy.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back