Parents confused myself.. (US Elite Athlete Geography)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

You seem to be interested in getting your DD into the “right” gymnastics program. There are different paths of gymnastics in the USA.

And different gyms focus on those paths differently. What a gym focuses on doesn’t make them good or bad, but it could make them the right or wrong fit for a certain gymnast.

The elite track is difficult and many gyms don’t offer it. That doesn’t make them a bad gym.

But If elite is what you are looking for - you can review what gyms girls at those meets come from. Yes, a lot come from Texas and the west.. but a lot come from other places.
Looking at recent results of elite events there are girls from a lot of other regions too:
Twin City Twisters (Minnesota)
Midwest (Minnesota)
GAGE (Missouri)
Prestige (Pennsylvania)
Parkettes (Pennsylvania)
Brandy Johnson’s (Florida)
Buckeye (Ohio)
Gym x-treme (Ohio)
First State (Delaware)
Hills (Maryland)
And I’m sure I’m missing others.

Then if you look at the TOPs list that just came out… there are a lot of gyms from all over the place (Kentucky, Nebraska, Iowa, Hawaii, Michigan, New Jersey, New York— just to name a few)

If you really think you want your DD to try the elite route — maybe look though these lists and see if you can find a gym near you.
Yes..I tried to look for a "right" gymnastics program for my DD because I has a little disappointing with their coaches. My DD her goal is want to enter university gymnastics team or Elite program and I tried to speak with them. My DD always get all AA total 37-38, until last year I found out TOPS program and ask them about it, also I found out regional 6 develop program and ask them register. They never ask my DD about it because I cannot register for my DD due I am not gymnastics owner. About TOPS program, I found out the TOPS program has age limited and ask her gymnastics many times until they replied to me this September, "Sorry the TOPS program cannot accept because her age" but can help her to register for develop program, I has a little disappointing because of MY SUGGESTION, not they want.
Plus I tried to look for another gymnastics program, they tried to keep her to stay with their team because of her score can help them to get a good "team score". I has a little unpleasant.

I brought my DD visit Texas gymnastics, they are so nice but I do not want move there because of gymnastics plus my family is in MASS. I tried to look for another good gymnastics program in MASS.... who can support my DD into a good competitions and good gymnastics techniques.

So.. a little frustration with researching...

Yes..I tried to look for a "right" gymnastics program for my DD because I has a little disappointing with their coaches. My DD her goal is want to enter university gymnastics team or Elite program and I tried to speak with them. My DD always get all AA total 37-38, until last year I found out TOPS program and ask them about it, also I found out regional 6 develop program and ask them register. They never ask my DD about it because I cannot register for my DD due I am not gymnastics owner. About TOPS program, I found out the TOPS program has age limited and ask her gymnastics many times until they replied to me this September, "Sorry the TOPS program cannot accept because her age" but can help her to register for develop program, I has a little disappointing because of MY SUGGESTION, not they want.
Plus I tried to look for another gymnastics program, they tried to keep her to stay with their team because of her score can help them to get a good "team score". I has a little unpleasant.

I brought my DD visit Texas gymnastics, they are so nice but I do not want move there because of gymnastics plus my family is in MASS. I tried to look for another good gymnastics program in MASS.... who can support my DD into a good competitions and good gymnastics techniques.

So.. a little frustration with researching...
How old and what level is your daughter?

in Bellingham Mass

Yes, lots of good programs in Mass. Not many that do Elite, but many that have a good college placement record. I would suggest looking into:
MEGA (Mass Elite Gymnastics Academy) in Millis
Elite Gymnastics Academy in Ashland

If you really want Elite path, then I guess Brestyan's is your only option, but it's a long drive to Burlington.

Yes, lots of good programs in Mass. Not many that do Elite, but many that have a good college placement record. I would suggest looking into:
MEGA (Mass Elite Gymnastics Academy) in Millis
Elite Gymnastics Academy in Ashland

If you really want Elite path, then I guess Brestyan's is your only option, but it's a long drive to Burlington.

Thanks for the information. I will visit Brestyan this year.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back