Parents confused myself.. (US Elite Athlete Geography)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Someone is always going to have that disadvantage, no matter when the cutoff is.
Of course. You play by the rules that exist. However, when you're talking about 7, 8, and 9 year olds... a 364 day advantage is pretty incredible. I suspect that is probably why TOPS performance isn't a great predictor of future success.

I understand the minimum score requirement to go to HOPES classic but are there certain skills required? For example do you need a certain number/type of release moves on bars? Or can you build difficulty and increase your score without necessarily including multiple release moves? And are there certain skills on any event that if you don’t have you simply won’t be able to make the cutoff scores?

I understand the minimum score requirement to go to HOPES classic but are there certain skills required? For example do you need a certain number/type of release moves on bars? Or can you build difficulty and increase your score without necessarily including multiple release moves? And are there certain skills on any event that if you don’t have you simply won’t be able to make the cutoff scores?
Not for the younger Hopes. 10-11 Hopes you can qualify with level 9 routines (probably won’t make top 7 or to championships but you will most likely make it to classics). Once you get to 12-14 Hopes then you will start to see a lot more releases

Perhaps not if you have excellent form/technique and the building blocks of those higher level skills...

Reactions: JBS
What level is she?

And TOPs is really not required for anything. It is really about strengt and conditionin. That can be done without it officially being called TOPS.

Can someone clarify this for me please. In HOPES for the 11-12 age group they need a 34.5 at the HOPES classic and be in the top 18 to qualify to HOPES championships. Am I understanding that correctly? Thanks.
No you need a 43 at classics to make it to
Championships

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back