WAG Connecting jump series

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hey everyone. I've been wondering about connecting a jump series.

So I've seen two ways:
giphy.gif

Swinging through

and also
giphy.gif

(around 0:14)
Swinging back

(The girl in the second video got a 9.5)

So anyway. I've heard that you lose the connection if you do what the second girl did. Obviously she didn't, but can anyone tell me their experience with this? I try to do it the first way, but sometimes I make a mistake, and I'm just wondering the impact of this.

Thank you.

Hey everyone. I've been wondering about connecting a jump series.

So I've seen two ways:
giphy.gif

Swinging through

and also
giphy.gif

(around 0:14)
Swinging back

(The girl in the second video got a 9.5)

So anyway. I've heard that you lose the connection if you do what the second girl did. Obviously she didn't, but can anyone tell me their experience with this? I try to do it the first way, but sometimes I make a mistake, and I'm just wondering the impact of this.

Thank you.

Not sure if this helps, but my lvl 6 DD has that very same jump series (split jump followed by the flirty toe twiddle thing -- sorry I have no idea what that is called, lol) and she got a 9.5 on beam at the Manhattan Classic last weekend. The meet prior to that she got a 9.225 so I think it's ok as is (what the second girl did).

Not sure if this helps, but my lvl 6 DD has that very same jump series (split jump followed by the flirty toe twiddle thing -- sorry I have no idea what that is called, lol) and she got a 9.5 on beam at the Manhattan Classic last weekend. The meet prior to that she got a 9.225 so I think it's ok as is (what the second girl did).
Thanks! Good job to your DD! I was there too :D

Ah. A twitter. That's my l6 jump series as well. That's a great score!

Did you have an amazing meet?
Hmm, it was pretty good. I got decent scores, but only got 5th all around

Vault: 9.075
Bars: 9.45
Beam: 8.85
Floor: 9.5
AA: 36.875
I won 2nd on floor by 0.05, 3rd on bars, 4th on vault and 5th AA

There was this amazing group from East Tennesse, I think it was called East Tennesse Cheer and Gymnastics. They were amazing! They got (like 3/4 of the team) above 9.7s on bars, and all I think got 9.3s on floor. Like seriously! They had free hip handstands and cast handstands on bars, and I was barely able to keep up with 9.45 :/ But really, they were amazing and definitely deserved to win.

Hopefully next meet I do better :D

Hmm, it was pretty good. I got decent scores, but only got 5th all around

Vault: 9.075
Bars: 9.45
Beam: 8.85
Floor: 9.5
AA: 36.875
I won 2nd on floor by 0.05, 3rd on bars, 4th on vault and 5th AA

There was this amazing group from East Tennesse, I think it was called East Tennesse Cheer and Gymnastics. They were amazing! They got (like 3/4 of the team) above 9.7s on bars, and all I think got 9.3s on floor. Like seriously! They had free hip handstands and cast handstands on bars, and I was barely able to keep up with 9.45 :/ But really, they were amazing and definitely deserved to win.

Hopefully next meet I do better :D
Wow! Those were great scores! Congratulations! Our gym had troubles beating the Texas teams. Thank goodness they won't be at our next meet ha ha.

Wow! Those were great scores! Congratulations! Our gym had troubles beating the Texas teams. Thank goodness they won't be at our next meet ha ha.

i liked being at this meet. we went against gyms from all over with just one other team from MA. the last time we went (2 years ago) we had a bunch of MA teams that we see a lot already which i was annoyed at. my dd fell on bars and beam (both things she was having issues with all of a sudden the week before) which kept her out of the top 3 but she still managed 5th in the AA.

i also liked how they handed out team spirit awards. our girls got wind of it when one of our upper levels won it and decided they were going to win it. for me, it was the best part of the meet. they were loud and obnoxious cheering for each other and doing parts of the floor routine on the sidelines. i told our AHC to have a chat with them to make sure they keep it up. so good to see. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back