Cookie/bar "glue" that is not sugar

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I've used sticky rice as a binder as well, but I eat immediately as I have found it doesn't keep as well I would like it to. Works well for energy balls rather than bars I think

can she do butter ? I cant eat milk or cheese but I can do butter. I make Cakes for Pink and I replace the sugar with sugar substitute ( teeth enamel problems), or maybe an American muffin type recipe using oil ?
No, no dairy at all. It's an allergy, not a lactose intolerance. :-( I'll think through your other suggestions, thanks.

if she has a problem with fructose, then wouldn't bananas and prunes be out? I would think the have fructose in high quantity.

coconut is not considered a nut. You may be able to use shredded as a binder. the oil too.
Bananas she is ok with, thankfully. I'd have to test her on prunes - see where her tolerance is.

http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/no-bake-energy-bites/

It does call for honey but dd hates honey so she usually just left it out. She is not fond of coconut either so she left that out too. Really, the peanut butter works well to hold everything together. I am thinking a seed butter would do similar. Oh, and I know she can't have dairy - can she have chocolate chips? There are some semi-sweet chips that don't have dairy (or a miniscule amount). Not sure how allergic she is. Also carob chips?

Thanks! We can use broken up non-dairy chocolate, so that's fine. They look totally suitable (minus the honey, of course, and substituting a non-nut butter for the peanut butter) for what we're after. Thanks so much! :)

Thanks! We can use broken up non-dairy chocolate, so that's fine. They look totally suitable (minus the honey, of course, and substituting a non-nut butter for the peanut butter) for what we're after. Thanks so much! :)
btw, dd kept hers in the freezer so that they would thaw out during practice but still be cold/solid during her break.

Oh! you can add protein powder as well. but you would need to find one that she can have. most are soy or whey based

btw, dd kept hers in the freezer so that they would thaw out during practice but still be cold/solid during her break.

Oh! you can add protein powder as well. but you would need to find one that she can have. most are soy or whey based
I haven't yet found a protein powder that she can have! If not soy or whey, then pea-based and they can be problematic too!

The freezer is an excellent tip, thanks! Thanks for the ideas, Gymgal. :)

Thanks to all who have suggested ideas. I'm very grateful to you all, as I was at a bit of a loss! There's a lot here that we can experiment with over the next little while. Thanks!

Have you tried Enjoy Life choc chips? Among my kids we have dairy egg and nut allergies, so very thankful for this brand!

It could very well work, but avocado doesn't agree with her. I know, the list seems endless! We find success in following a low FODMAPs diet, and challenging with some foods occasionally.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back