Off Topic Could really use some friends....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I am so sorry NewGymMom! This is hard but you are so strong and you will get through it. My prayers are with you! (((hug))):pray::hug:

I'm so sorry to hear about this. Stay strong! I'm glad you got yourself a lawyer. Seems like with everything in the name of your in-laws you're going to need that lawyer to fight for you. Also, courts tend to rule in favor of the mother keeping the kids (not saying that's right or not), but you've got a much better shot of keeping them than he does. Especially since you've been home taking care of them. Good luck.

I just read this thread, and felt terrible for the OP.

How are you doing now?

I'm rooting for you and your kids to get through this ordeal with your head held high. You deserve so much better!

Good luck. This sounds like a raw deal has been down to you but you need to be strong for your children in turn being strong for yourself. Typically, the courts will favor custody to the mother ( especially here in CA ) but it's never set in stone and depends.

Again good luck.

I only just read your original post today and I hope this post finds you doing better.

From a man's point of view your soon to be ex or if not ex already is not a member of the male species for he is not a man he is a coward.

I myself went through a divorce 8 yrs ago and thankfully there were no children involved.

I learned a long time ago that women rule the world and are very good at letting us pretend we are in charge.

Be strong and remember you are SIMPLY THE BEST, and not only for yourself but for your children also.

Please take care of yourself and your family and i think i speak for all members when i say, remember we all at Chalk Bucket are here for you if you need us.

Don

I just saw this, how sad :( I'm so very glad you got a lawyer and you have your family supporting you. I mom-raged over the custody, mini van, and the house as your husband put it to you. His parents being ready right away with their judgment and punishment(?) is despicable. Even if they are petty enough to want to hurt you, taking away transportation hurts their grandkids by extension. How low. I really hope that things work out in such a way as they (husband & parents) realize that they should be civil since you guys will always remain connected by the kids. Plus, they have to be a little insane for pushing you like this, mama bear mode in any woman should be feared by all. Good luck, this is huge as far as testing you as a person. Don't let anybody rob you of your dignity through it, and it sounds trite but yes, you will be stronger for it. Big hugs from Texas.

I'm really glad the gym discussion went well and they are understanding. The last thing your babies need is a coach riding them over missed practices. If there's a coach that is particularly strict and you feel your kids are too fragile for hardline coaching, it never hurts to tell them in private. I've been asked this myself of parents for various serious reasons. Keeping the schedule as best you can to maintain the norm is great. If you think your kids need more understanding and encouragement during this time coaches are a great resource for that.

Last edited:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back