could someone explain what the lines are for on the L4 mat stack?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

momof5

Proud Parent
I am sure the line on the mat stack must mean something but I have no Idea what it is? I asked DD and she didn't know. Are they supposed to be over the line, not over the line and what is the deduction if they aren't?

I have always thought the line was what they have to land with their hands on the other side of. Not completely sure, though:eek:. As far as deductions go, I really don't know. I was talking to a coach once about the level 4 vault and commenting that it seems hard to tell if a vault is good or not, and she told me all the different deductions that can arise, and I was very surprised, especially on level 4:eek:! Who would have known - it seems like a cut and dry skill:)!

It is a deduction if your hands go past the line. Obviously any other part of your body is ok, since you land on the other side. I believe the deduction is about the same as going out of the floor area, but I'm not sure. I just know there is a deduction and tell my girls they don't want to go beyond it.

I am confused. I thought that their hands had to land in front of the line during the handstand part and past it when they actually are flat on their back. Is that not right?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back