COVID Protocols?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

When we were there for Nationals we found this out.
Yeahhh. It was lucky for the level 10s that nationals was being held in Florida because it -guaranteed- they were gonna happen. I’m pretty sure the only reason anyone took Covid seriously at first was because Disney closed and all decisions are based on how seriously is Disney taking things (ie - it’s a cat 4 hurricane… but is Disney still open? If so, no ones evacuating, thanks but no thanks)

My daughter's gym just reinstated its mask requirement for everyone, vaccinated or not. I get the impression that it was a business decision taken to make families feel safer. Enforcement seems spotty.

Our area just reinstated a mask mandate so DD is back to masking at gym. DD is used to this though as they were quite serious about masking until our state mandate dropped after nationals.

So do they wear masks while training? How does that go?

in our state masks are required when going in and out of the gym and in the waiting area. But not doing strenuous exercise or when it might be considered unsafe so not required while they actually train.

Yes they wear them while training and just pull them down while actually doing the vault then up immediately after landing. Same goes on floor etc. Basically if you are upside down they pull them down and the once right side up they go up again.

What are meet schedules looking like for you guys? Our tentative schedule was released a few weeks ago. There are 8 meets scheduled. Two are hosted by/held at our gym, and two are travel (neighboring states). We can opt out of one travel meet. Gotta say, we still had a full meet season last year, but this year, I'm more nervous?? My DD is too young to be vaccinated, so my concern is for her and her teammates. Sigh.

No schedule yet, but our family is likely opting out of all meets this season no matter what the gym decides to do. I don’t want to have to go through the risk-benefit calculation for every meet and then end up disappointing my kid over and over again by pulling her. I also don’t want meet preparedness to factor into our decision-making about keeping her in training during any surges.

Kiddo came to the same conclusion herself and is on board with the plan. She can compete for the high school if the risk seems reasonable when their season comes around, which will be fun and much more low-pressure than trying to jump back in to JO/developmental after more than a year out of the gym.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back