Parents Crazy Hair Day at Camp!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

N

nettyinpa

My dd has crazy hair day tomorrow at camp. She wants to do something totally crazy but I have no clue where to start. :confused: I'm probably going to go out and look for some cool hair clips or bands or something. Any ideas? Any pictures you'd like to share?? I know we've talked about hair ideas here but never for crazy hair! Thanks for any suggestions!

Pipe cleaners! You just separate her hair and braid each section around different colored pipe cleaners. Then you can twist and wind the pipe cleaners into any shape. They work great!

Hey Shawn,

I was just about to suggest pipecleaners, they work so well for wild hair. Alternatively you could divide her hair into about 10 sections and make each one into a pony tail, looks cute and funky with ribbons on each one.

Well, I went to the craft store and bought some pipecleaners. I also found a red, white & blue patriotic necklace that flashes. I put her hair into 3 ponytails, stuck 3 pipecleaners into each one, wrapped the hair around it and twisted them. Then I put the necklace around them, tied a ribbon around each one and sprayed it with blue hair-spray. It looked really cute. She got a lot of comments on it as soon as she walked into the gym. I should've taken a picture but I didn't have time this morning. Maybe I'll come up with something bigger and better next week! ;)

Sounds like you did a great job. DD last year didn't know about crazy hair at camp and I had to throw something together on the spot. They gave me a basket of ribbon and hair things. DD was so upset we didn't plan but she did win the award for the craziest hair. Best of luck

Well, she actually brought home a ribbon and a certificate for the most patriotic hair! She was very happy. We did something last year and she didn't even really get any applause, which is how they judge them I guess. She was much happier yesterday. Next week is crazy boxers and socks day. Should be interesting. :rolleyes:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back