WAG Crazy vault: what would it be worth?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

That is literally INSANE. :eek:

Like, I don’t really know what else to say. Originality at its best, for sure. I love seeing crazy stuff like this!

Huh. On one hand that's a crazy interesting entry. On the other hand, it was really not much of a vault, he kind of just rolled over his bent arms and flopped off the horse. I don't know that anyone could really get the height to do the flip and hit the table with straight arms necessary to block AND also have the arm strength to block out of that much force down and pop off the table. But let's ignore that and pretend someone could since it is a hypothetical question.

It's a RO-1/2 on type entrance. So the difference in the RO-1/2 on to HS off is 2.60 and RO-1/2 on to FT off is 4.20, so the salto is worth and extra 1.6. That extra 1.6 is in the range of the other repulsion off to tuck off gaps, so that's about what an extra salto is worth. Now comes the tough part, how much extra is it to be doing the salto going up onto the table vs going down off the table.

Looking at bars dismounts vs the same tumbling on floor (I chose bars and not beam because beam gets you extra height, but less rebound and the challenge of the takeoff space being 10cm wide),
Arabian - couldn't find it but I'm guessing B vs B
Double Arabian - D vs F
2/1 twist - C vs D
Front Tuck - A vs A
Double Front - D vs E
Double Tuck - B vs D

So bars dismount to floor drops a skill by 1 or 2 letters. We're going from decrease in height past level to increase in height so we'll do twice that increase and say it's like going up 3 letters. But vault isn't like other a events where an A is 0.1 and a B is 0.2, so looking at the gap between increasing difficulty within the same family, it is sometimes 0.2 but usually 0.4 between vaults. So if going up is 3 segments more difficult, I'd say that's about 1.2 more difficult.

So 4.2 for a RO 1/2 on-FT off + 1.2 for the difficulty of going up by making it a RO 1/2 FT on = 5.4

That was way longer than anyone probably wanted and I wasted way more time than I should have on it. o_O Anyone else want to take a crack at it or tell me where I messed up my thinking?

I love vaults that aren't just the same thing you see at every meet. One of my DD's Diamond teammates does a roundoff entry, half twist off, but does the roundoff with a half turn. It's fun to watch judges who have never seen it looking up the SV!

I love vaults that aren't just the same thing you see at every meet. One of my DD's Diamond teammates does a roundoff entry, half twist off, but does the roundoff with a half turn. It's fun to watch judges who have never seen it looking up the SV!
So like full on (coming off like she would in a regular front handspring?), or just a fully turned in Roundoff (coming off the table with face towards landing mat?)

I think if I am remembering right, the first part of it looks like Paul Ruggeri's vault. I should have said twisted roundoff and then twist off the table.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back