WAG crooked back tucks?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hello everyone! Before I start, I just wanted to say Happy Valentines Day <3

So when I am doing my round off BHS back tuck, my tuck always ends up crooked. I keep on leaning towards to left. My coach tells me that it is my round off BHS that is going crooked. How can I fix this? My round off BHS only goes crooked when I am doing tucks though. This has been going on for about 2 months :(

Any tips or advice? Thank you

I'm guessing your a "righty", and you put your right hand down first on the round-off......right. Let me know if I got that much right. I have a drill that I can send you to share with your coach.....if it's what I think it is, it'll help a bunch!

Hmmmm. Try warming up like this. Do a cartwheel from a starting position with you standing on your "back foot" with your front leg held up parallel to the floor........fall/lean/lose your balance straight forward......as the fall builds a little speed you'll lift/kick your back leg and push with your front leg as you place your first hand....then second hand, not both at the same time.....continue to the end of the cartwheel. Oh, and yeah.....do these on a line.

While doing these, try to keep your upper body absolutely still. It should just go along for the ride in the same way as a handstand. Avoid using your body to make the turn on the cartwheel happen, as that aspect of the skill comes from your back leg kicking with enough energy.

So the whole emphasis on this warm up is to get and keep your energy moving straight forward, and to learn that turning your body only messes up your posture, your ability to push while your upside down, and your direction/balance at the end.

Do a bunch of them before moving into your round offs and round off back handsprings, and don't worry that you're wasting time with them and not getting enough done on the rest of your tumbling. You'll get a lot more done, and more progress made if you spend your time on correcting your round off, and starting at the beginning with a cartwheel is best.

This was just a brief explanation of a drill that's helped anyone that's taken the time to use it. I'll send you the "full drill meal" if you try this stuff and want to go a little further with it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back