WAG Crop tops/sports bras

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Don't you guys have air conditioning in Australia? I'm in Texas, where it gets over 100 degrees routinely from late June until September. Our gyms have ac, so heat would not play a factor in workout clothing.

Our gym is leotards and bootie shorts for the girls who like shorts. Between gyms for both kids and weekend training events, I've watched practice at six Texas gyms. I have never seen an exposed midriff. (And our boys all practice with shirts on, too.)

I'm from Australia, and while most gyms do have air con our gym actually doesn't!! Also I think since cheer isn't so common in Australia the the crop top aren't seen as a cheer thing

No aircon in our gym. In summer, I literally cannot stand in there for 10 minutes at pick up without being drenched in sweat. I have no idea how the girls do 4 hours in it.

Crop tops and shorts are the uniform of choice at almost every club in my part of Australia. Our coach has them wear leos during comp season, which is only a couple of months. The rest of the year its pretty rare to see a leo.
Your are so lucky we are in Queensland and at my daughters old gym she could wear crop tops but at the new gym no crop tops allowed It has been so hot lately. Luckily they can wear tight singlet tops and little shorts, so these have been cooler than a hot leo.

Don't you guys have air conditioning in Australia? I'm in Texas, where it gets over 100 degrees routinely from late June until September. Our gyms have ac, so heat would not play a factor in workout clothing.

Our gym is leotards and bootie shorts for the girls who like shorts. Between gyms for both kids and weekend training events, I've watched practice at six Texas gyms. I have never seen an exposed midriff. (And our boys all practice with shirts on, too.)

Having air conditioning in a gym is actually not that common, especially in my area where it gets very hot but it never really gets cold so there is no need for heating.

Many building are built to be very open plan and let in as much outside air as possible, making it very difficult and very expensive to air condition.

Another Australian reply. In summer, it's crop tops and shorts. As it gets colder, the leos come back. Then colder again and long sleeve leos. Then colder again and long sleeve leos, leggings and even tightly fitting merino tops on top of all that (particularly for early morning and late evening practices).

Aircon? In a gym?! Whoa, that's really expensive!

Another Australian reply. In summer, it's crop tops and shorts. As it gets colder, the leos come back. Then colder again and long sleeve leos. Then colder again and long sleeve leos, leggings and even tightly fitting merino tops on top of all that (particularly for early morning and late evening practices).

Aircon? In a gym?! Whoa, that's really expensive!
Lol, in our area it never gets cold enough for long sleeved Leo's.

At my gym all team and pre-team members must wear a Leo and depending on the coach and if it's close to a meet they may not be able to wear shorts. Some of the recreational girls wear crop tops or two peice Leotards. Many team girls find it weird and state that you would scratch your stomach on bars, however our gym goes to have a rule against rec. classes wearing crop tops, two peice Leo's, or sport bras. If we have open gym over the summer and I don't play on doing bars I will wear a sports bra. But for team practices it is not allowed.

I moved from AZ the south, and bras and shorts were so much more common in AZ where it was 100+ degrees for months. It's hot where we live now but more conservative. We were told no shorts once meet season started though.

No aircon in our gym. In summer, I literally cannot stand in there for 10 minutes at pick up without being drenched in sweat. I have no idea how the girls do 4 hours in it.
I hear that Amazon has drone delivery now.. order a bunch of white, heat reflecting paint… and have it delivered via drone on the roof of the gym (from a good height… the paint cans should pop open and coat the roof with bright white.
It will reflect the sun so not as much is absorbed :) Making the gym cooler.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back