WAG Current Qualified Elites

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

What can you tell me about Development camp? who is on the development team? I saw a lot of pictures on instragram of these girls. Do clubs pay to send these girls? How can an athlete get included in these camps?
Girls are invited to these camps either from video submissions or from being seen at a qualifier. Clubs do NOT pay to send the girls. When my daughter went her camp fee was funded by usag but we were responsible for paying her travel and her coaches travel to and from camp.

Girls are invited to these camps either from video submissions or from being seen at a qualifier. Clubs do NOT pay to send the girls. When my daughter went her camp fee was funded by usag but we were responsible for paying her travel and her coaches travel to and from camp.
They don't usually post a roster of who is at these camps.

What can you tell me about Development camp? who is on the development team? I saw a lot of pictures on instragram of these girls. Do clubs pay to send these girls? How can an athlete get included in these camps?
It’s two different camps Devo and DIC camp (like if you’re in Tops A & B camp) DIC parents have to 100% pay. Devo some girls are funded and some aren’t. It’s hard to tell who all goes to Devo because some clubs don’t send their athletes in the summer because of upgrades (my kid is one of them). But you have to get invited by national staff to attend those camps. One way is they see the athletes at a qualifier and pick, or the coach can send videos to the national staff

Back in the day, we never paid for Dev camp or NTC (when not on team). Athlete air, coach air, camp fee, and camping were free to us. Tom/Dan also attends Jr A/B and Jr 1/2 at JO Nationals, Westerns, and Easterns to scout prospects.

The best way to be noticed besides the obvious (scoring a 50 at a qualifier) is to create a video that shows the athlete with up-to-level skills for their age, perhaps highlighting an interesting skill or quality, and then having the club coach personally talk to Tom or Dan.

With elite qualification scores dropping in 2022, the new code being implemented, seniors retiring, and an historic low number of qualified juniors, 2022 will be a year of enormous opportunity.

The best way to be noticed besides the obvious (scoring a 50 at a qualifier) is to create a video that shows the athlete with up-to-level skills for their age, perhaps highlighting an interesting skill or quality, and then having the club coach personally talk to Tom or Dan.

With elite qualification scores dropping in 2022, the new code being implemented, seniors retiring, and an historic low number of qualified juniors, 2022 will be a year of enormous opportunity.
Qualification scores dropping? Where did you hear this and I wonder is it because a lot of girls didn’t qualify

I believe it is partly due to the fact that some of the common skills being used by the elites (particularly Jr's and Hopes) were downgraded in D value for 2022. Hopes qualifying scores were significantly reduced as well.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back