MAG Cute pre and post Olympic conversations with DS (optimistic young gymnast)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

Mom2twingymnasts

Proud Parent
Just wanted to share cute pre and post Olympic conversations with my 10 year old DS.

Prior to the Olympics:
“Mom, Do you think UofM is going to be OK with me going to the Olympics while I’m on their team? Will they let me continue to workout with them?â€￾

This was a big concern because you know it is a given that he will be on UofM’s gymnastics team and it is a given that he is going to be in the Olympics. ;) Thanks Sam Mikulak for showing us that UofM will be OK with a team member going to the Olympics.

Post Olympics:
“Mom, you don’t have to worry. If I don’t do well in the 2020 Olympics, I will only be 22 for the 2024 Olympics. So If I don’t win the 2020 Olympics, I will definitely win the 2024 Olympics. Well, I’m definitely going to win Pummel Horse at both.â€￾

You know I was losing sleep worrying about my son not doing well at the 2020 Olympics. ;) And last year he was going to be the “best in the World on rings.â€￾ He must have improved on PH because that definitely was not his event last year. :)

Too cute!

My son thinks like this too "Mom, you don’t have to worry. If I don’t do well in the 2020 Olympics, I will only be 22 for the 2024 Olympics. So If I don’t win the 2020 Olympics, I will definitely win the 2024 Olympics."

He also wondered if Kohei Uchimura would be in "his" 2020 Olympics. He is his favorite, he wants me to make a shirt for him that says, I want to be like Kohei.

Oh to be a kid and and be able to dream anything!

Love it!

Me: DD, would you like to try soccer or dance for a change?

DD: hmmmmm. Maybe someday after the Olympics. Well, actually, then I will probably be coaching gymnastics and still too busy so no thank you.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back