Parents Dad's turn to gloat.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Nastia had her Fall Missouri/Ill State Amerikids L3 finals Saturday.

Vault 9.200 (2nd)
Bars 9.00 (3T)
Beam 8.90 (3rd)
Floor 9.05 (2nd)
AA 36.150 (1st)

Consistancy is definately improving. Even though she scored higher in beam and bars before, her vault and floor have increased by .60 each.

Her beam routine was a little off due to a lack of concentration. She kept looking at the coach most of the time with an "was that right?" look on her face, and it was breaking her stride. Just something else to work on is all. In her defense, her coach corrected a few slight hand/arm position errors the night before, and Nastia became worried about performing them correctly. Thing is, she did -- but the rest of the routine fell below while concentrating on these other things.

As you can see from the scores above, she didn't win a single event, but still took 1st in the AA which as a real surprise for her. She had a great time, all smiles. Fun and team spirit all the way.

Unfortunately camara batteries failed during the the meet, so we have no videos this time. Only a few pictures. I'm fairly sure there will be other opportunities. like... in 4 weeks at the Kool-Aid Cup.

Thanks for sharing in our joy.
Tim

That's awesome Tim_Dad! What a great meet for Nast! Wow--looks like she is definitely an All-Around type of competitor with those consistent hiigh scores and places in all events. She (and you) should be very proud!!!

CONGRATS!!! unlucky about the batteries....dont stress, plenty more of those meets and wins to come! YEA for Nastia:)

Wondeful scores and what a nice AA surprise. Nastia must be thrilled with her success.

I am always amazed by how often the AA 1st place is not won by someone already wearing a gold medal, it is a sign of a godd all around gymnast!

WOOHOO Nastia! Great scores! (rubbing crystal ball) I see LEVEL 4 in your future! (note to dad: get checkbook ready ASAP)

Sorry about the camera, it has happened a couple times to us this year too. Old camera, wouldn't hold a charge and other problems. Thought we had it charged up only to get to the meet and nadda! Santa (DH) bought one for us for Christmas as "our" gift and we broke it out for all the holiday concerts and DD's last meet. WOW, what a new video camera can do! I agree w/others, there will be more meets and plenty of video opportunities to come I am sure.

The #1 AA is awesome and something to be proud of. My DD is often a medal winner on individual events which is nice, but that AA means that you are *solid* in all four events and much tougher IMHO!!!

Thanks for all the kudo's. Nastia just read them too. She's pretty thrilled that I shared her success with "the whole entire world". :D

While DD did great, the real thriller at the meet was the 7 and under all-around champ from another Gym.

She got 9.3 (1st) on bars, 9.4 (1st) on beam, 9.0 (2nd) on vault, and 9.25 (1st) on floor. 36.95 AA. Pretty amazing huh??

Here's the real clincher! She did it all on a prosthetic leg!! :yes:
It was a very emotional moment for everyone!

Last edited:
Congrats to Nastia! Great job!!!:) Wow, that is a very inspirational story about the 7 & under champ! She must be quite an amazing child!!!

HUGE CONGRATS to your dd!!! Awesome scores! I always say that a 9.anything in gymnastics is worth celebrating. I bet she was just beaming (no pun intended) with excitement! How great for you guys! *high five*

While DD did great, the real thriller at the meet was the 7 and under all-around champ from another Gym.

She got 9.3 (1st) on bars, 9.4 (1st) on beam, 9.0 (2nd) on vault, and 9.25 (1st) on floor. 36.95 AA. Pretty amazing huh??

Here's the real clincher! She did it all on a prosthetic leg!! :yes:
It was a very emotional moment for everyone!

This made me cry - I am such a bawl butt! :eek: How wonderful for her! This child is a true inspiration!!!!!

WOW:D! Great job Nastia! Don't worry too much about the camera issues, it sounds like (with those scores) you will have plenty more opportunities;)!

Amazing about the 7 & under gymnast. What a driven little girl!

Tim -

From one gym dad to another - MAJOR Congrats to you and your gymmie!

Like someone said, get your checkbook ready with each level the dollar and time requirement keep climbing. So do the emotions surrounding each meet.

Take it from one who knows - spare battery pack (for each camera).

Take Care.

Russ

Like someone said, get your checkbook ready with each level the dollar and time requirement keep climbing. So do the emotions surrounding each meet.

Take it from one who knows - spare battery pack (for each camera).

Jim - thanks for the nice words.

Actually, the costs for L4 in our gym are the same as L3. It's only when they get to L5 that the costs go up about $75 a month.

The camara thing...well, it happens. But next time "I" will be the one in charge of making sure the batteries are charged and we have spares on hand. (despite my repeated reminders) Not that I don't trust my other half, but she has plenty on her mind before competitions that I've decided to relieve her of the burdon on video preparedness. How's that for politically correct?! lol.

Great job and awesome scores. Congratulations and good luck going forward

Great job by Nastia!! She is probably just walking on air this week. Tell her to get ready for L4---new routines/new challenges.

At our house, the dh takes care of the camera issues although I always double check to make sure its charged!! I may have to take over the taping though---he gets caught up reading or chatting with another dad and misses parts of his daughter's routines.

She did great! Good for her. I think all the concentration, etc comes with age. I know that my DD tends to lose focus on other things if she gets corrections right before. Which is frustrating because those things should be done in practice, not at the meet, in my opinion.

What a great meet for her and I am sure that 1st AA was a huge deal for her!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back