Off Topic Dance Forums for Job Postings

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

curlygirls

Proud Parent
I told our gym owners that I could help them post job postings on chalk bucket since they were looking to hire some new rec coaches. However, they gave me a job posting for a dance instructor since they are starting a dance program out of our gym. I know that I can't post the dance instructor job here, but I also know that we have several dual gym/dance families. I am hoping that one of you can point me in the right direction.

I'm looking for a dance discussion board/forum where I can post this job without paying a fee. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Try calling or emailing the local professional ballet company in your area to ask if there's company members looking for extra work on the side.

In Australia there are a few different organisations that register teachers and run exams. They vary by state, so they probably do in the US too.
I think the RAD have a newsletter here where teachers advertise their positions. I don't know if they pay to do this or not. I assume the other groups have something similar.

I would firstly contact dance schools in your area, there may be casual teachers working there who would like extra work. The school will probably be ok with this as casual teachers may already work at multiple schools, or they want their teachers to have enough work from other sources so they don't leave for better paid work elsewhere.
If this doesn't work, then ask them to recommend newsletters etc where you might advertise.

I don't like the "it shouldn't cost money" attitude from an employer. Advertising more widely to a highly trained group of professionals is worth the advertising fee which probably isn't much anyway. But yes, it shouldn't be *your* money! :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back