dance in compulsery routines

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hello!

I wanted to make an interesting note. I didn't always love the grace, and dancey stuff in the routines, a lot of times I thought it was boring, but it has grown on me now. I was thinking about the dance in the compulsery routines, and wondering how much dance stuff they will put in the new routines. The recent ones now, seem to have some dance, but it seems to be more spunky, if that makes sense haha. When I was a first year level 5, in 2004, I think it had a lot more dance to it. I remember I loved the part right before the diveroll, and the leaps [where you like spun your arms and lifted your back leg haha]. Does anyone have any input?

I was in compulsoraries a long time ago. Back before they changed the routines. I dont' really remember the routines, but i remember the music. I always thought the old level 6 music sounded like castle music. don't know why, but thats what i thought. It was kinda nice at competitions because you could listen to their music and envision your routine. I got really bored with the music though, and i'm sure my mom and dad did too!

Those dumb hop/skips before the dive roll. I was trying to remember how to do those the other day and it just wasn't happening. I think it took me approximately three years to learn the first time around though, so I'm not surprised.

I also couldn't remember how to do that part before the leaps in L6 either. I remember it was like a weight transfer with some arm circling motion, but I couldn't remember. Actually I lied, I just got up from this chair and remembered it.

I like the current routines better but the old ones aren't as unfortunate as I like to make them sound. They were a little mechanical maybe.

OMG I hate the routines we have nowwww. They suck and their annoying. the old routines were SOOO much better I still remember them :)) But I cant wait to see the new routines they come up with for next yearrr.

Those dumb hop/skips before the dive roll. I was trying to remember how to do those the other day and it just wasn't happening. I think it took me approximately three years to learn the first time around though, so I'm not surprised.

I also couldn't remember how to do that part before the leaps in L6 either. I remember it was like a weight transfer with some arm circling motion, but I couldn't remember. Actually I lied, I just got up from this chair and remembered it.

I like the current routines better but the old ones aren't as unfortunate as I like to make them sound. They were a little mechanical maybe.

I remember everything! My friends and I love doing them for fun when we're at open gym or whatever.

I heard there will be new music this year - each gym gets to decide if they will use the current compulsory music or the new compulsory music - new compulsory routines for 2014

No new music, no new routines. I actually hear there will be no changes at all in the routines when the USAG changes come out this summer.

Last edited:
Ack! No new music?? Even if DDs gym didn't use the new music, I was hoping for some variety at meets. LOL. Bummer.

Everyones saying that there are going to be new routines next year.... hmmm.... i really hope so these ones are getting annoyinggg! but i wont have to do them anymore anyways but still

New music not routines. In the cycle you get new routines and new music and routines every 8 years but halfway through they introduce new music and gyms have the option on which music to use. A new cycle started in 2005 so halfway through is 2009 so we will be getting new music but you can still use the old music. 2013 will be the last years for the compulsary routines of this cycle so in 2014 we will have new routines.

Thats what i thought at first that they make new routines every eight years. And then my b word of a coach was like NOOO who told you that. AHHHH!!! I was rightttttttt!!! now im going to rub it in her face tomorrow :D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back