WAG Dance/jump series for 6/7 &/Gold

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

cassafrass

Proud Parent
My question pertains to both beam and floor for levels 6, 7 and Xcel Gold. I am having some trouble interpreting the cheat sheet charts. I would like to know if there is a deduction for not connecting jumps on beam. Also for floor level 6/7 it says indirect connection is OK for leap/jump series. My DD said her choreographer told her she was deducted after her switch leap for doing an assemble before her tuck jump turn. DD has also mentioned teammates being deducted for not connecting jumps on beam. I didn't see anything on the charts to support this. I am hoping someone can clarify for us! Thank you

Level 6 and L7... beam does NOT require connected dance series. They are only TECHNICALLY required to do one leap or jump.
Gold DOES require connected dance series on beam (My OG lost the SR once or twice last year).

On floor, indirect connections are fine.

Thank you the teammates mentioned were Gold bit my DD level 6. They all train in one group. The choreographer is Russian and probably can't even read English well LOL bit she did choreograph some Olympic routines 10,000 years ago LOL. Xcel Gold is harder on beam and no one believes me!

Nope- last I checked Gold required 2 across elements on beam while 6 only requires one. I guess the only harder thing is a B skill but split jump satisfies that.

So interesting as this exact thing JUST happened to my DD yesterday at her meet. She had an assemble in her leap series (L7) and they changed her start value to a 9.5! She has competed this routine a dozen times and it has always had a 10.0 start value. Her coach (who is also a certified judge) brought the book to the scoring table and really argued with the judges. They didn't budge. We changed her leap/dance series today at practice.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back