Parents Dance Moms - Slightly Off Topic

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Can you imagine if our kids showed up for a comp with a floor routine we made up LOL

HA HA HA!!! I told my DD that would be the same thing as if she showed up at a competition with a brand new floor routine because she "didn't feel comfortable" with the one her coach gave her! HA!

So...what did everyone think of last night's episode of Dance Moms???? Is Christy (Chloe's mom) just a little bit too involved/invested in her dd's dancing??? There will be a little jealousy in every sport, but who else thought that Christy's jealousy and behavior was just a little over the top and out of control??? The scene she caused at the end of the show in front of the other parents and kids was just totally inexcusable. It's okay to get jealous, but jeesh--stay in control!!! And if you are that upset about your child not "shining", then move to another dance studio. Or pay up the money for more privates and additional solos.

LOL Abby Lee yelling at her "Where you gonna go?" -- If I recall the discussion correctly. I saw from next week's preview that they have not parted ways :)

So...what did everyone think of last night's episode of Dance Moms???? Is Christy (Chloe's mom) just a little bit too involved/invested in her dd's dancing??? There will be a little jealousy in every sport, but who else thought that Christy's jealousy and behavior was just a little over the top and out of control??? The scene she caused at the end of the show in front of the other parents and kids was just totally inexcusable. It's okay to get jealous, but jeesh--stay in control!!! And if you are that upset about your child not "shining", then move to another dance studio. Or pay up the money for more privates and additional solos.

I couldn't believe it even if its scripted what TV producer thought that would be a good idea in front of the kids. Makes me think they are all actors and none of these "moms" are these kids moms. And really I could care less if another kid got 2 solos and my kid got one and I would never go up to the mom and ask if she would pull her kid from a 2nd solo then get so upset when she doesn't. What about that lunch together!! These moms really can't stand each other why in the world would they have lunch together other than to continue the drama together.

I would never subject my kids to any of what I have seen on this show.

In my area there was a big discussion on one of the radio talk shows about the mom allowing that girl with the hip issues to compete after a DR said not to. At this age really what are the odds these girls are going to be "discovered" for broadway?

What happened to the F U N !!!!!!

First time watching- watched online this AM. I know that probably a lot of this is scripted, but I thought it was just plain wrong for Chloe's mom to be screaming about her issues in front of the kids. Ugh! Made me think of some gym moms I know who feel that their kids get slighted during practice, but I have never heard them react quite this way. :) Also felt sad for the little bee girl (Vivi-Anne) who is obviously doing this for her mom. Not sure I will watch another one-just made me feel really uncomfortable.

I know that Christie should have kept it under control in front of the kids, but to her credit, she did try to get Abby and Melissa to go into the hall to hash it out. I didn't care for the language that Melissa was using in front of all the kids. Not that the yelling was appropriate, but the cussing in front of the kids definitely turned me off BIG time. I just rewatched the fight and noticed that Christie did say one bad word, but it looked like at that point, there weren't any kids in the room. Melissa had taken them all out and was continuing to cuss in front of them.
I, also, was so mad that Anny said that Paige should have been humiliated for fogetting her routine. She's a child and just learned a new routine. Abby should have been embarrased that she didn't have Paige more prepared.

First off I thought the way Christi handled herself and the situation was beyond wrong... You don't ever yell like that in front of children, they can't understand...

BUT I don't totally disagree with her underlying point. Every girl that did a new solo had some issue, even if it was a small one so they were clearly not competition prepared. If Abby was going to give them a solo they all should have gotten extra time and holy cow get the kids their music earlier for Pete's sake! Abby kept saying, they're ready, they're fine, these moms don't know and 1 by 1 they either had a little bobble or a HUGE mistake... Poor Paige :(.

That being said, I just don't buy this whole, Melissa is such a saint idea and I am sorry but Maddie is a complete obnoxitron. Seriously everytime they interview her I am like dear child, learn some humility before life knocks you down a peg. Yes, you are winner (they have 10 clips from last night alone where you remind us that you NEVER lose), and yes you are a beautiful dancer, but you are not the second coming.

It's almost a shame at times that Christi is Chloe's mom, and shocking, because Chloe seems to be such a sweet girl with a very level head about everything. Heck she might be the most mature person on the show and she's freaking 10.

Oooh ooh also, Cathi is totally nuts... completely insane. "I am Abby's equal, you are but a lowly dance mom. I am above riding the bus." - Blah! She's lame and her kid clearly doesn't want to dance. I believe she said if Vivi didn't dance she would commit suicide... Seriously? And she's parenting a young child?? Unstable much?

That being said, I just don't buy this whole, Melissa is such a saint idea and I am sorry but Maddie is a complete obnoxitron. Seriously everytime they interview her I am like dear child, learn some humility before life knocks you down a peg. Yes, you are winner (they have 10 clips from last night alone where you remind us that you NEVER lose), and yes you are a beautiful dancer, but you are not the second coming.

It's almost a shame at times that Christi is Chloe's mom, and shocking, because Chloe seems to be such a sweet girl with a very level head about everything. Heck she might be the most mature person on the show and she's freaking 10.

This is the only ep I have seen- is Melissa perceived as a saint? This is the same woman who turned around to Chloe's mom after Maddie won and basically rubbed it in Christi's face (I think she said something like "Undefeated- aren't you happy for her?). Classy. You're right, it seems like Chloe is way more mature.

lhmom - I should have written that better. I don't think the show is trying to paint her as a Saint, I think the camera is showing her true colors quite nicely. I think she WANTS us all to see her as the saintly, sweet mom who is never involved in confrontation and is always above the fray. Not buying it!

And you are right, when she turned around and said that to Christi I was annoyed... Though I was equally annoyed that Abby apparently thought that was okay. I doubt she would have had the same reaction had Christi said that to Melissa after a loss.

the whole argument thing shouldn't even have happened at the competition. That mom should have made an appointment with Abby back at the studio to talk and have time to calm down. That's what I would have done if I had some issues of my DD being slighted. None of these moms make the effort to actually schedule time with the owner to voice their concerns. All they do is complain (think B word here) and moan to each other to anyone that will hear them and then storm in to a class in session with kids in the room to see and hear these issues. SOOOOOO inappropriate all around.

As far as riding the bus issue - I really don't see the need to rent a bus to go to any meet especially a very local one where a bus really isn't necessary. I really think everyone should go in their own vehicals and meet at the event especially with this group of witches - it might keep them from getting int their drama mode if they have to do the driving. I guess I really don't see the big deal about driving ones self to a meet instead of going as a group on the bus.

I'm guessing the bus is provided by the TV show. I can't imagine that they normally rent a huge bus to take a few girls to a competition.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back