Dancing with the Stars

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So I guess the off-camera commotion last night was two guys in Anti-Lochte t-shirts approaching him before security got them off the floor.

I LOVE Laurie! I think she's perfect for the show. By the end of the season, she might easily be mistaken for one of the pros. But did anyone else cringe a little when her response to "We're you nervous at all?" was essentially "No, this is my Victory jog after the Olympics". I know what she meant, and she's only 16, but it still felt 'off' to me.

So I guess the off-camera commotion last night was two guys in Anti-Lochte t-shirts approaching him before security got them off the floor.

I LOVE Laurie! I think she's perfect for the show. By the end of the season, she might easily be mistaken for one of the pros. But did anyone else cringe a little when her response to "We're you nervous at all?" was essentially "No, this is my Victory jog after the Olympics". I know what she meant, and she's only 16, but it still felt 'off' to me.
Anti-Lochte t-shirts? Folks actually protesting someone for being a Knucklehead?

For being a drunk vandal while representing his country and then lying about it?

I think the protest was warranted....he needs to get his crap together.
Yes because he is a 30 yr old man who was in a foreign country representing the USA and is an a***e.

And yes because this is how over entitled, never held accountable, star athletes segue into 6 month sentences for rape.

Just going to go with this for a minute.

He pulled a poster off a wall. News sources (our only option for info) have found no evidence of vandalism and the 2 swimmers that "ratted him out" said he did not vandalize. They peeed behind a gas station, pulled a poster off a wall.

They were asked for money. There were guns. They do not speak the language. To equate this to rape is ludicrous to me. He has apologized. He is paying a steep price. He is trying to improve himself. I say we let him.

From he LA Times. http://www.latimes.com/sports/olymp...e-s-account-of-ryan-1471884289-htmlstory.html

"In examining all available surveillance footage from that night, including one aimed at the restroom doors, USA Today found no evidence the swimmers ever went near the bathroom, after relieving themselves behind the gas station.

A USA Today videographer visited the gas station and found no damage to the soap dispensers, mirrors or door, and none of those items appeared to be new.

The swimmers were eventually held at gunpoint by security guards at the station and were released after paying the equivalent of $50.

Fernando Deluz, a bilingual Brazilian who served as a translator between the swimmers and the security guards, told USA his understanding was the money paid was to cover vandalized property and that the only property that came up during the negotiations was the advertising sign Lochte had pulled down.

Deluz also said that because of the language barrier, the Americans might have believed they were being robbed."

Back on topic...Laurie was so fun to watch! AnLocthe was funny. And I do not watch that show ;)

Is not pulling an advertising sign off a wall of a building vandalism? It would be in Britain. Whatever, the bit that you conveniently miss out is that a man in his 30s, while representing his country at the Olympics chose to lie to the Police and brought his country into disrepute. That is disgraceful behaviour.

I think I'm more annoyed with the fact that he's still not apologizing...all he said was "I over exaggerated". Had he come out and said "I was disrespectful, I made bad judgement, and I apologize for representing the country this way" then all would be fine and dandy, but he's acting like a 16 year old in the principals office. He's a grown man, this wasn't his first rodeo, it's just ridiculous.

Is not pulling an advertising sign off a wall of a building vandalism? It would be in Britain. Whatever, the bit that you conveniently miss out is that a man in his 30s, while representing his country at the Olympics chose to lie to the Police and brought his country into disrepute. That is disgraceful behaviour.

I think I'm more annoyed with the fact that he's still not apologizing...all he said was "I over exaggerated". Had he come out and said "I was disrespectful, I made bad judgement, and I apologize for representing the country this way" then all would be fine and dandy, but he's acting like a 16 year old in the principals office. He's a grown man, this wasn't his first rodeo, it's just ridiculous.

Exactly and he lied repeatedly.

And he didn't really apologize. Not until his sponsors started dropping like flies and then he did some half hearted BS apology. Then he was sorry. Yeah for himself.

Not defending him as it may have sounded. My point is that his actions are not comparable to that of the other swimmer.

You are right. And I probably shouldn't try to make sense when I am that tired. I was not defending his actions as it appeared. I was mainly wanting to say that saying his actions and the actions of the other swimmer are not comparable. He screwed up. But that does not justify the trespassers, or the comparison.

Back on topic...those of you who watch regularly..Do you think Laurie can win it?

I think one of my favorite moments was when she was teaching Val part of her floor routine, and she sounded astounded that "you got it so fast!" I quite literally laughed aloud when he responded "Girl, I have danced before... once or twice."

Not to me. Ever. Apples and oranges.
The case of Brock Turner is infinitely more insidious and deserving of real outrage than that of Ryan Lochte and when folks try to equate the two it only serves to minimize the true seriousness of the former.

As far as lying to the American public and those who do deserving of outrage, I would suggest people take a step back and see that the American people are getting lied to from every which direction on a daily basis. Whether it is from the car companies because of faulty equipment, corporations in their earning announcements, the Government on a whole range of issues, celebrities and public figures trying to contain their personal messes, ordinary people thrust into the public eye trying to contain their egregious misdeeds, pro sports leagues minimizing the effect of concussions, sports organizations dismissing allegations of sexual abuse, so forth, so on, et al, etc. Being lied to is part of our daily diet. The two individuals with the greatest chance of becoming President, have taking lying to a science and an art form, respectively.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back