Dani's Home Meet Report-Winter Wonderland Classic

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Well, we made it through another meet! This was our gym's home meet so we were pretty much living at the gym the last week cleaning, rearranging and preparing for this meet. WOW--I'm exhausted!!

Dani had a great meet! Three out of the four event scores went up as well as AA--can't ask for much better than that!

Here is the rundown. There were 20 girls in her age group (11 YO Juniors-they had to break the 11 YO's up into 2 groups):

Floor: Very bubbly, cute and energetic routine. Needed a slight spot of the ROBHS but overall GREAT routine.
SCORE: 8.00 - no place but she was estatic that she scored an 8!!!

Vault: She balked on one vault but was able to get one very good one out. YAY!!
SCORE: 8.70 - 2nd Place

Bars: Warm-ups looked really iffy--kept missing her kip and falling down on the squat-on. But, she performed a good solid routine with a small hop on the landing.
SCORE: 8.70 - 2nd Place

Beam: Seems like the nerves got to her a bit as well as to all her teammates-everyone was falling off. She stayed on for her cartwheel but fell off on her handstand. There were a few bobbles here and there and a hop on the landing, but pretty good routine. I think it is just her smile and cute personality that make her routines so enjoyable to watch, at least for me anyway ;).
SCORE: 7.40

All-Around SCORE: 32.80

She had a blast helping out the other sessions selling raffle tickets, handing out medals, and helping in the concession stand. We go back tomorrow afternoon to help out the last session. It is SO MUCH work hosting a meet but also SO MUCH FUN! I love seeing everyone getting involved and pitching in to help :).

Here is the video:

YouTube - MDL Winter Wonderland Classic 2010

A big congratulations to Dani!!! And great vid mom!!! Love her constant smile all throughout the vid!!! So genuine you can just tell she's having a blast!!! Her smile says it all!! Love it!!!:D

Congrats to her!! Reading the board at work, so I can't watch the video, but sounds like she's really enjoying herself :)

Great job DAni, some nice improvements and that bar kip looked great. Her vault is really improving. Hoep you survive you day at the gym, it must be a huge job to host a meet.

Her vault and bars have really improved from the last video I saw of her...wow...that is great progress in a short amount of time! It looks like she had a great time the ENTIRE time...and what more can you want?
I know how exhausting "home" meets are...ours is in 3 weeks and I am trying to mentally prepare!:)

Great job, Dani!!

I loved her floor, especially her dance. She really is talented and extremely fun to watch. She has that infectously joyous way about her! Do they get to do optional routines in the Mason Dixie League? If so, I may look into that for my DD because I think she would love that. I also watched Dani stunting and I wonder if people really know how hard that is. She amazed me with her stunting and I have seen a lot of it with my girls doing club cheerleading in the past. She is exceptionally talented.

Healthy happy and having fun! Dani is a great advert for gymnastics. She has such a personality. Her skills are getting better and better. What can I say AMAZING! LOVE IT!

I loved her floor, especially her dance. She really is talented and extremely fun to watch. She has that infectously joyous way about her! Do they get to do optional routines in the Mason Dixie League? If so, I may look into that for my DD because I think she would love that. I also watched Dani stunting and I wonder if people really know how hard that is. She amazed me with her stunting and I have seen a lot of it with my girls doing club cheerleading in the past. She is exceptionally talented.

Thank you!!! Yes--in the Mason Dixon League they start optionals at Level A which is what Dani is doing now. Level A is comprable to the Level 5 USAG. I love the MDL because they get to start optionals way earlier than USAG so it can be more "fun" for kids because they get to do their own routines.

We stayed and helped out and watch some of the higher levels C & D (comparable to USAG Level 7 and 8) and all I can say is WOW!!!:eek: These girls are doing some hard core gymnastics and some amazing skills but since it is MDL, they are only training 7-10 hrs a week in the gym. It is a great option for kids who still want "a life" outside of the gym. There was this one little 8 year old who was a level D (8) who was amazing!!! And I love seeing the high school girls competing as well. There were some older high school girls competing Level A, and looked awesome! I am so happy for them that they are enjoying gymnastics well into high school. Just goes to show you that you are NEVER too old to start gymnastics and competing!!

Totally cute! I absolutely love her big, bright smile. And the way she turns to the judges on beam & smiles right at them, how could anyone resist such sweetness?! I can see that all the showmanship she learned in cheer is ingrained in her, which is such a great thing to have under your belt. I'm so proud of her, she's really improving and has such a great attitude. Go Dani! :p

Dani did great! It's always great when they do so good at their home meets and all their teammate that are working get to see them. You can see the girl at the vault table is very happy for her!

Way to go Dani. Two silver medals!

She is really improving! her confidence on the RO BHS is growing each meet! No pause at all now! Her bars are very strong.

Way to go Dani!

Sounds like a great meet! Congrats on improving scores and the great placements!

Good job Dani! Way to bounce back after the balk on vault - 2nd place is awesome!!!! I think sometimes it can be worst at a home meet because you know so many people who are there and you know they are watching you, especially on beam (she'll get 'em next time!) I can't watch the video right now, but she has plenty to be proud of!!! ;)

Dani is really improving alot and seems to be having alot of fun. Her routines are really cute. I almost wish that my daughter got involved in a league like that where she could go less hours and still compete. She will still have to wait 2 more years at least until she gets her own routines and music. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Nice routines! It is always nice when they are improving over all! I still am amazed how flexible she is especially on the beam. I love her dismount too! Very nice.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back