Dani's Mason Dixon Meet Report & VIDEO

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

The meet season is finally here! Dani started the first meet of the season really strong :).

First up was Bars. She hit a pretty clean solid routine with a few minor form issues but she has all season to straighten those arms and keep those legs together.
Score: 8.90 - 2nd Place :D

Beam was next. She was beautiful!! She hit everything and looked really relaxed and confident.
Score: 9.25 - 1st Place :D "Beam Queen"

Floor was solid. Still having issues on the ROBHS but the rest of the routine is great--very pretty and her dance training is really shining through. I got a lot of compliments from other parents watching saying that her dance and presentation is exquisite :). All I can say about that is that she has fun out there and lets go--so I think that is key for her showmanship :).
Score: 8.10 - No Place

Vault was last. You can tell in the video that she is really relaxed and having a lot of fun because she was be-bopping and dancing to the floor music that was playing before she went :rolleyes:. Hey--whatever gets you in the groove!!
Score: 8.50 - 7th Place

All-Around Score: 34.75 - 5th Place :D

Oh and she also came in 2nd in the Handstand contest!! LOL

She had a great meet and had a lot of fun!!

Here's the video:

YouTube - MDL Gymnastics Meet #1 2010

Woohoo!! Loved seeing you having fun and doing your thing! Way to go

She did fantastic. I loved watching her. I got a kick out of her in the handstand contest...boy oh boy she fought that didnt she?..lol

Congratulations to Dani! Really nice beam routine - loved the handstand press. My girls did Level B in Mason Dixon about 6 years ago and absolutely loved it - it's a great group of people. Dani looks like she has a great season ahead of her.

She looks great espically that split leap on the floor! Its easy to see how her ballet training is showing in the gym. She has improved so much since she started.

Most important, it looks like she had a blast! Congrats for the fun and successful meet.

Looking great!!!! That vault is looking so confident this season and her beam was fantastic!!! Go Dani!

Congratulations to Dani! Really nice beam routine - loved the handstand press. My girls did Level B in Mason Dixon about 6 years ago and absolutely loved it - it's a great group of people. Dani looks like she has a great season ahead of her.

Thanks Crystalflipz!! I love the Mason Dixon League--it really focuses on fun and fairness across the board. With the new changes that were implemented this year it will make it even better for all the kids in all the levels. We now have a mandatory move-up rule that puts a 36AA score as "the magic number". If any gymnast scores a 36AA in the first 2 or the 3 meets, then they must move up a level for the remaining 3 meets. Gives the other kids a chance to really improve and hit the podium in the last few meets who may not have been on the podium in the first few meets.

The MDL is a great league for the gymnasts who may struggle on a few events or skills and don't want the constant pressure of high training hours or be overwhelmed by huge meets with so many gymnasts competing.

Wow that beam routine was lovely!! I can see big improvements on the other apparatus as well. Dani dance training shows up so nicely.

Tell her she ROCKS!!!

Way to go, Dani! She looked really confident out there, especially on beam. No first meet jitters at all! Her floor routine is awesome, and I think one many optional level girls in the USAG program would envy. Once she gets the confidence she needs on that backhandspring, I think her floor score will be through the roof as the rest is incredible!
She should be very proud of herself for having such an awesome first meet!

Wow, she had a great meet! I agree with everyone else - her dance training is really paying off. She looks so beautiful out there on floor and her beam routine is awesome. Congrats to Dani on a great first meet!! The handstand contest was awesome too - she really fought hard!

Awesome job Danni! Have to say, that vault was great, and LOVE the new beam mount. Yes, the dance training has paid off. BTW, was there a growth spurt over summer?

Thanks Nicci! Does she look taller? Dani will be so thrilled to hear that! She may have grown a little from last year (although all her friends have grown a lot more so she doesn't see the growth--she just complains that everyone is so much taller than her :rolleyes:). She does look a lot more grown-up these days so maybe that growth spurt is starting!! I also think her hair in a bun makes her look a little more mature as well!

Last edited:
Great Job!!! I loved her beam routine too. She looked like she was really enjoying herself. I like the new 36AA rule. I think it will benefit all the gymnasts.

Monique

B 5 year old lvl 1 K 3 year old rec

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back