Dani's Mock Meet was a success!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi all! I first want to say thank you to everybody that sent good luck wishes our way today for her first meet. She did awesome!! I am so proud of her. The Mason Dixon League Level 4's and the USAG Level 4's all competed against each other in the standings. It was just a mock meet so they didn't break it out by age groups but still scored it as if it were a real meet. Here is how Dani did:

Vault - 9.10 - tied for 2nd place
Uneven Bars - 8.70 - 3rd place
Beam - 8.20 - 5th place
Floor - 8.50 - 4th place

All-Around - 34.50 - 2nd place

The fairies were definitely in MD today!!! All the girls had so much fun and it looked like they were really enjoying themselves. It was good to run through a meet and get the feel for how things will go when comps really start in January.

I also made a montage (my very first one:)) that I posted in the video section.

Great job, both of you! So, what did your dd think of a gymnastics comp. (even tho it was a mock meet, she got somewhat of a feel for it, I would guess!) vs. a cheer comp? Just curious! She sure looked like she was enjoyng herself! :p

Great job, both of you! So, what did your dd think of a gymnastics comp. (even tho it was a mock meet, she got somewhat of a feel for it, I would guess!) vs. a cheer comp? Just curious! She sure looked like she was enjoyng herself! :p

Right after the meet she went to her gym friends house for a sleepover so I really haven't talked to her about it yet. She seemed totally relaxed out there. I thought she would be freaked out because all the parents were sitting pretty close to where they were performing and there was everything going on all at once in the gym. But she held her composure. I guess the cheer competiions really did help her prepare for the gymnastics comps in a sense. With really big cheer comps, they are on raised stages with lights and smoke everywhere. Also with cheer and so many people on the mat so many things can go wrong where you just have to let go of it and finish the routine if a mistake happens. I think the cheer experience really helped her with the overall performance aspect of gymnastics.

Big congrats to Dani!!! Watched the vid(great job btw) and she looked like she's been in gym meets most of her life. She'll be more than ready for her 1st "real" one in Jan.

I think the cheer experience really helped her with the overall performance aspect of gymnastics.

I am sure it did! Glad she seemed to have fun. If you hear more from her later, do let us know how she enjoyed the experience!

I am sure it did! Glad she seemed to have fun. If you hear more from her later, do let us know how she enjoyed the experience!

I definitely will!! Thanks everyone for your kind words and support! I am thankful that Dani and her teammates have such a wonderful, positive, firm yet gentle, caring and supportive coach. I know that most parents will say the same things about their dd coaches, but with Dani having several different cheer and tumble coaches throughout the years, her coach Ms. K is the perfect balance of everything you want in a coach--kind of a hard thing to find in my opinion!

Ok, so I had the chance to ask Dani if gymnastics meets are any different than cheer comps and she said no. She said "they are pretty much the same because you perform and then you are judged. I like gymnastics meets because you get to perform more times on different events. In cheer we only get to perform once." Those were her words. Hmmm, sounds like we have a little performer on our hands!!! She also said that she had a lot of fun and she did get a little nervous at times. She said it was weird doing vault because the parents were lined up right near the runway strip.

Last edited:
OMG - she looked so great - she didn't look even the least bit nervous - good for her. Yeah - you definitely have a little performer on your hands - when she reaches optionals her coaches are going to have a ball with her floor routine :)

OMG - she looked so great - she didn't look even the least bit nervous - good for her. Yeah - you definitely have a little performer on your hands - when she reaches optionals her coaches are going to have a ball with her floor routine :)

Thanks Flippy! I was relieved and happy for her when she said that it is just like cheer in the performance aspect because she is so used to cheer comps and she really shined when she did cheer. Her cheer coach said that she was the biggest "Diva" on her squad!!! LOL Too funny!!!

Now will come the hard part . . .

Waiting until January for her next competition! Sounds like she enjoyed it and I bet she can't wait to do it again!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back