WAG Daughter finished with gymnastics

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

stacy

Proud Parent
My daughter was injured on high bar in December with broken bones in left forearm and fracture in right elbow.She started back in gymnastics in May and has decided she's done competing.She was getting skills back but was not enjoying it like before.Ill be honest I'm sad she's ending her time with gymnastics.But I hated seeing her so sad and dejected.She did give it her best but I think it was getting too stressful and she was in some pain doing bars.I have a feeling she will go into tumbling or cheer eventually.We will see.Good news is her arms are doing great and both look like nothing ever happened(minus scars from surgery).I do know she has some great memories and has learned a lot from her time in the sport.Thanks to her,gymnastics is one of my favorite sports to watch now,lol!

Good luck to her on her future endeavors. I hope she finds something that stirs her interest and makes her feel happy.

From all the kids I've seen leave gymnastics over the years - whether it is due to injury, fears, money, or loss of interest in the sport --- all of them have gone on to find something else they love and at which they can shine.

Best of luck in her next joy & passion!

From all the kids I've seen leave gymnastics over the years - whether it is due to injury, fears, money, or loss of interest in the sport --- all of them have gone on to find something else they love and at which they can shine.

Best of luck in her next joy & passion!
Thank you!!!

So glad she gave it a shot and then made the decision after. I am sure she is set to be successful in her next endeavors!! Stick around and tell us how she is doing!

DD had always struggled with what she would do after she left gymnastics, bc nothing moved her like flipping. After a really fun hip hop class, she has declared that when she retires, she wants to dance, and not just a class once a week, but really dance. I was excited to hear her fired up about something. I think she has one more year of JO left in her (17-18) and then the question will be to move to USAIGC and dance, or just dance. So it's nice for me to hear the stories of all the things girls go on to do and how good they feel doing it. Now I have a better sense of DD's path forward. And know that she isn't just staying bc she has "nowhere" else to go.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back