Dazed and confused.......lol

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My DD tested out of JO 5 last year, was set to compete JO 6, but needed 2 skills, so her coach had her compete Excel Gold.

This confused me. Let me start by saying that my DD didn't compete L5 (she also tested out) and then did half a season at L6 before going on up to L7. And I know NOTHING about XG requirements. But I'm confused about what 2 skills your DD would need to compete L6 after testing out of L5. My perception was that those two levels were pretty interchangeable as far as skills. Is that not the case?

This confused me. Let me start by saying that my DD didn't compete L5 (she also tested out) and then did half a season at L6 before going on up to L7. And I know NOTHING about XG requirements. But I'm confused about what 2 skills your DD would need to compete L6 after testing out of L5. My perception was that those two levels were pretty interchangeable as far as skills. Is that not the case?

I think it was her DDs gym requirements that she was referring to- something called a trail down flyaway (which I guessed was a layout) and a beam bt dismount..

From my understanding, she was over rotating on the trail down flyaway (looks like a backtuck off the high bar) and her coaches had a hard time trying to get her to scale back. The other skill was on the beam, when she did the cartwheel to backtuck dismount, she would over rotate, and the only way she wouldn't is if she only used one foot.

I'm not trying to confuse anyone, just going off of what her coaches said. I have no idea what the level requirements are, I just know what her coach advised, and Xcel was an alternative to competing level 5 because she felt my daughter didn't need to compete 5 since she scored a 37 at the test out.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back