Parents DD at Camp and I am a wimpy mom

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymmom14

Proud Parent
I am totally weak. DD is at camp Sun-Sat. They cannot have cell phones or call home. Parents can call and they will page them and you can try and reach your child at certain hours. It will killing me, I had to call on Monday (the first real day) and see how she was. It is very hard to get through and then they may be busy or not hear the page. But she answered the phone and loves camp. I feel so much better. Once I know she is OK and having fun I can make it until Saturday!

I hope that the week flies by for you and that your DD has a blast. I would be a wimp, too. My DD is 6 and has never been away from me for more than a night when I was in the hospital or when I used to work nights. I would be going crazy as well.

I found it hard the first year when my then 7 year old went for a week with no contact at all, she had a blast. Now five years on and my 9 year old is on her 2nd year and the oldest on her fifth, we all look forward to camp. Hubby and I even use it for time to go away together.

It will get easier as she gets older.

You're just being a mom and your little girl is away from home. Of course, you're anxious. Glad to hear you made the connection and things are going well. When my gymmie spent a week at LO in June, she called VERY briefly on Sunday(Father's Day) to wish her dad a nice day and then we didn't hear from her until Thursday!!! They had phones and she had a pre-paid calling card. When she did call it was to tell me she had done her baile on "real bars" and when I asked why she hadn't called in like 4 days, the answer was, " I've been busy."

Hang in there and give her huge hugs when you see her on Sat.!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back