Parents DD can do front handspring off beam

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

This is a skill she has to know next season. She had wanted to learn it for a while already. Then a few weeks ago I was helping at beam, catching with getting on the beam. And 2 girls who are a year under my dd, who can already to do it, said to her, your mom can help and I was like uhhhh nope. And hey said, you just have to put your hands a bit different from the cartwheel off it. But I told her to wait till the trainer had the chance to help her. So she did in the next week. And slowly she did it herself. She was so proud when she realized she could do it by herself. She does have periods where she lands on her behind, but that will improve. She even did it in a demonstration we had a few weeks ago.

Just wanted to share, cause when she did master it, I didn't have internet and then I forgot to share.

congrats to Talitha on the fhs off beam:applause:.... they used to teach this in our rec gym, but not so much at least in lower levels of club gym for us... I used to get soooo nervous for every girl when they were attempting this - too many close calls head to beam... I am just too nervous LOL...

Thanks girls. They wouldn't even try this at our rec. gym. They don't go further than some jumps on beam and cartwheel with 2 legs landed off at rec. I am so glad I was able to get Talitha in the selection team, cause she was bored at rec. She has improved a lot in only a year time.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back