Parents DD Dropped a bombshell on me about her gym

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I should also add that I don't think I would have ever thought to ask her if anyone at gym ever says anything that "makes her feel bad inside" if it weren't for your post. I just assumed that they never would or that she would tell me of they did. :(

We just went through something very similar. My 13 year old DD came out of gym one night and refused to go back. 1 week before championships. I tried to discuss the issues with the HC (she was crazy, mean and cruel to my DD over the past 3 or 4 months) We moved to another gym, it is out of the way and she has to miss a bit of school, but the change is amazing. Great team mates, coaches who genuinely care and a happy, confidant young lady. I am proud of her decision not to be treated badly anymore. I can't believe I actually paid over $300 a month for the abuse she endured. I wish I had done it earlier. It was hard to leave the team mates as it was a small gym and everyone was close, but she is much better off.

I really don't think a meeting with your HC will change how your daughter is feeling or how she is being treated. All the best of luck to you and your DD

Unfortunately, someone needs to advise your coach he is making a huge mistake with the behavior and choices described. He should never be one on one with a kid and needs to protect himself. I would honestly consider this a red flag, but maybe he really is naive and immature. Who knows, but it's a terrible position for him to put himself on either way and doesn't reflect standard industry protections at this time.
I agree with this. Red flags. Did you cut short your dd's 2 week vacation? To the OP i agree, i wouldnt have my dd in that gym for one more minute.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back