DD frustrated

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

It sounds like the coaches are trying, but the bottom line is, generally, you don't want your kid to be the first level 8, 9, 10, whatever, that the gym has ever had. At least I wouldn't. Those skills are scary and risky and I would want someone with experience coaching them. You can be very grateful to the coaches for what they have done for your daughter, but still move on because right now that's in her best interest.

Yeah - to me if my kid couldn't train the vaults she needed for the next level becuase your gym doesn't have the equipment that other area gyms do, it would be a no brainer that it's time to move to a new gym.

A FHS FT vault is insane hard. Our girls that can even train those onto a mat on top of the pit are amazing vaulters who would frequently get scores like 9.75 on the tsuk and yurchenko vaults in 8/9.

Well, we made the switch. In her trial session, she flipped tsuks into the pit, got spotted on her pirouette and more. First official practice she did giants on the bar set (she would never do that at the other gym bc she said the bars move so much. She'd only do giants on the unevens in competition). She has confidence in the equipment and has level 9s & 10s as an example. She wasn't initially thrilled with my choice of new gym, but talking to another mom there that we know, it sounds like it will address all her concerns. She is excited again!
Tomorrow we start the new transportation routine.

Sometimes, the hardest part is taking that first step. Sounds like things will work out well for the future. Good Job and Good Luck!!

Update: DD had her first L8 meet this weekend. She competed all her skills! She is so proud of herself! She did tsuk tuck vault, half turn on bars, bhs bhs on beam, fhs front lay front tuck on floor.
She was excited to get back into the gym today to clean it all up for the next meet!
Awesome! Thanks for updating. Hope she has a fabulous season.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back