Parents Dd got her pullover and other summer updates.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

E

Ex member

My youngest dd got her pullover today (from only having tiptoes on the floor), she had to pull up and the lift her knees over, she did it a couple of times, she is also working on her back hip circle and is close to doing one on her own. Dd is also improving her straddle dismount and is know working on doing a squat on and jumping to the high bar.

Dd has had a growth spurt recently and the coach noticed it and said that she is glad dd has got her splits down as it can be hard to gain flexibility after a growth spurt - I didn't realise this.

They have started to work on their floor routine for their competition later on in the year, it will be the first floor routine with music that they have learnt.

Dd has also learnt a front hand spring on the trampoline and also a front somersault on the trampette without a spot.

Dd is now halfway through her summer holiday and her summer training session and they have a weeks break next week as the gym is closed for maintenance, both dd's are going into the gym for one day during the break to help empty and refill the pit - they want to see what is in the bottom of it and how deep the pit is.

Also forgot to add that dd is getting more confident on the beam, she is now trying cartwheels on the high fat beam without a spot, has done a round off dismount without a spot and a front tuck dismount with a spot.

Little bit has had a good summer too. She was moved to level 3 which is "cool" according to her...I'm a little concerned over the logistics bc she won't even be of age until halfway through meet season. Thats ok by me bc less meets we have to pay for...but I know she will be bummed not to be able to compete with her teammates. As far as skills her ROBHS looks pretty good to me and her beam and bars look oh so much more graceful. She's up to 10 secs for her handstand which I think is pretty good for a 5 yr old...but I really have no idea if it is lol.

I think if she threw a front tuck dismount off beam I would have a heart attack. I have a hard enough time watching her hold the handstand.

Last edited:
I think if she through a front tuck dismount off beam I would have a heart attack. I have a hard enough time watching her hold the handstand.

I didn't see it lol, but dd told me all about it after practice.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back