Parents DD had a good week

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymmomntc2e6

Moderator/Proud Parent
DD had camp at her own gym last week. She did much better than when she went away to camp ( more playing than working ! ).

Anyway, she got her Flyaway with a very light spot and her BHS on beam, also with a light spot. She did some on low by herself. And her form improved, BHS's on floor got much faster. They used to be really good, not sure what happened to them - have been very slow & sloppy but are now much tighter and faster again.

Now it is on to perfecting her L4 routines. First meet is on September.

I have to agree with Bog here, those are some big skills! She's just soaring right now.

Forgive me for asking a silly question, but why can't she compete level 5 this season? She sounds more than ready.

She does not yet have her kip for L5, and she really needs time to focus on her form. She struggles with that.

Thanks for your positive comments.

Ah! The dreaded Kip! I guess that's kind of key in competing level 5, lol.

It's really great that you're at a gym where they'll keep her engaged and learning higher level skills, while competing the appropriate level.

Tell her Congrats on her progress, we can't wait to hear more!!

Sounds like she had a great week! GOod luck to her this year :)

Sounds like an awesome camp week. My DD is a level 4 and during camp she was grouped with our optionals. She LOVED every moment of it. Of course now when she is training with her team she is very bored. Sounds like your DD is on the road to greatness. Best of Luck

Wow, those are some big skills!! I bet she had a blast! Is she excited for meet season to start up? I know mine is!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back