Parents DD is home, films here too

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Well she is home again and so tired. You could see the bags under her eyes. She had great fun and just loved the training. I think they spend like 15 hours in the gym, including spending time to learn 2 dances, which was great to see.

I can't say she really learned a new skill, but she has been working on the skills she needs to know.

Here are a few films of what they showed this afternoon. The quality isn't really good, I have just a simple digital, but she wears a very light leotard in the tumbling one and you will see her on the beam. And on the last one she wears a pink Tshirt.

[youtube]_lZXlyi6pgg[/youtube]

[youtube]59bxTV4A_Ec[/youtube]

[youtube]jlqc72Myi1M[/youtube]

Glad to see she's having fun.

Interesting music in the background :D I recognised it straight off; you'd never hear that in our gym. (Is there any Christian affiliation in your gym?)

Glad to see she's having fun.

Interesting music in the background :D I recognised it straight off; you'd never hear that in our gym. (Is there any Christian affiliation in your gym?)

Well, this wasn't her club, it is a camp, and yes it sure was a Christian camp. Awesome hey, how they used Christian music for it. I love it.

That was great!! She looks like she had a great time. She looks so young compared to the other girls. Was that hard for her?

She was the youngest of 16 girls there. She is 9 and the oldest was 13. So you saw that right. I don't think it was hard on her really. Most of the girls were better than her, but 2 or 3 girls, were doing easier things then her, but improved.

She was the youngest of 16 girls there. She is 9 and the oldest was 13. So you saw that right. I don't think it was hard on her really. Most of the girls were better than her, but 2 or 3 girls, were doing easier things then her, but improved.

She looked great I wasn't saying anything against her skill level. She just looked smaller than the other girls in the video. She was keeping up with them great. I think it's great he had the confidence to go to camp with all the older girls. My dd is also 9 and would never feel as if she would fit in with older girls. My dd is very shy and confidence is something we struggle with all th time. Congrats to your dd for her courage and tell her she looks great. She has very nice form. And keep having fun.:D:D:D:D:D:D

Oh I know you weren't saying anything against her skill, but I just added it. She was also 1 of the smallest girls. There was 1 girl who I think was 12, who was even smaller than my dd.

And it is funny, she isn't always very good socially, but going on camp alone hasn't been a problem with her. 2 Summers before this one, she also went on camp, not a gymnastic one, but just Christian. And she loved those too. She was 7 when she first went.

Thanks for your compliments.

She improves everytime you post a new video! What a nice positive enviornment that camp seemed to be!

I just think she is adorable and its obvious she really likes gymnastics.

Thanks Gymlawmom, it is nice to hear these things. Cause she gets quickly down when something doesn't work. And because she has only 3 hours a week, there isn't a lot of time to really get something totally down. Compared to the American gymnastics, our club is so low key. Which is okay, but I know she would love to do it more. We just don't have that option.

At the end of our vacation she is going to do a bit more gymnastics. We are going to my inlaws in Scotland. And Lasswade coach from here, coaches at a place only 15 minutes away from my inlaws, so Talitha will get to train with the rec girls there and also with the elites on another night. I think she will get to go 3 evenings and she is so looking forward to it.

She is a girl who quickly cries, and stops when she has hurt something, but that is I think also because it is a low key club. Like now she has blister on her hand, which I am sure can hurt, but that stops her right away on bars, not sure if it was bad on Thursday. But she was quite sad about it, because otherwise she could have done giants with help of course. And that is something she will never learn at her own club. But hey she is going again next year, maybe she will be learning it then.:)

But it is lovely to hear you see improvement, cause when I tell her, she loves it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back