Parents DD is sick...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

S

starmaker

I get home from work to find Liv with 101 fever and a horrible cough complaining of a sore throat. She gets sick so rarely I can't even get upset. I guess she was well overdue (especially with school just starting).

My plan is to keep her rested, hydrated and medicated all night tonight. We are leaving for Tampa tomarrow morning. And depending on how she's feeling will compete or not. I hope she doesn't deteriorate to rapidly over the weekend. Wish us luck.

Oh, poor baby! I'm sending her many get well vibes. I hope she feels better soon!

Poor little thing. I am crossing my fingers for a nice 24 hour bug and she'll be right as rain when she wakes up after a good nights sleep.

Some of my big DD's best meets have been when she's a but under the weather, must be the drugs!:D

Mine has been fighting a cold all week as well! I just knew we were in for it---third week of school---it always hits right about then!

But she's recovering, and it never really got that bad, just sniffles, tired, etc.

I'll bet w/ rest, your DD will be fine by Sunday. Aren't we lucky we got the Sunday session for that meet, so our DD's have the extra day to rest?

Hope your DD recovers--let us know how it goes! We are wishing you the best! :hug:

I know of the bar, beam,floor &vault fairies....maybe we can find the "feel better fairy" & send her your way:hugonwings: Hope Liv feels better after a night of rest! Have a safe trip!

Aw poor baby. I hope she makes a great recovery and feels better! ( and does awesome at the meet!):goodvibes::hug:

My suggestions is MOTRIN. DD has 101 fever and her favorite meet of the year. I gave her motrin every 4-6 hrs and it was her best meet of the year. Never underestime the power of Motrin and aderenelyn.

I can tell you that those complaints are going around all over the place. DD actually had to leave practice early last week Tuesday due to a cruddy cough and sore throat, she then also missed her two other practices last week with a fever and continued cough.

:hug: Heres a hug that she is feeling better in the morning.

Barb

Happy Thoughts......... Happy Thoughts..... Happy Thoughts

Hope Liv feels better. Back to school always brings it on. DD was back less than a week when the stomach virus hit

Awww--poor punkin' . I hope she gets better soon. My ds had a fever for the past 2 days as well--101.4ish. He complained of a headache, sore throat and bodyaches. He was so cute about it--he is 6 yrs old and he said "Mommy, at school my head hurted, my legs hurted, my arms hurted, even my fingers hurted!" Awwww-sooo cute! But, his fever has broken now so hopefully the worst is over.

Lots of chicken noodle soup and liquids for your dd!!! I hope she feels better soon!

Hope she's feeling better by later tomorrow. Lots of fluids, rest and medication for the symptons are about all you can do. This crud was going around here about 2 weeks ago---as everyone else said it hit soon after school started.

Sending best wishes from the Rocky Mountian region:)

The "back to school virus" has struck us here in Virginia as well. Give her lots of hugs, liquids and rest, and hopefully she'll be ready to compete tomorrow!!! Let us know how it goes!

-Lynn

I hope she gets better super fast. I would give her lots of fluids and lots of chewable vitamin C. If you have a health food store, we use the Sambucol Elderberry syrup when the girls get sick. It tastes good and they love it. They are rarely sick and I always have that and Vit C on hand, as soon as they have any symptoms, I start them both and they usually don't progress very far.

Lots of healing vibes to Olivia.

Amazon.com: Nature's Way - Sambucol - Sambucol Black Elderberry Original, 7.8 fl oz: Health & Personal Care
This is a link to reviews of the adult version, which I have used half dose of when I don't have the kids version.

Awww - I hope she got better super quick and was ok for her meet. Those first few weeks back to school are tough - I had 3 sick kids with fevers myself here this weekend. Luckily we didn't have any meets. My dd has competed a few times not feeling well - sometimes it didn't affect her, other times, well ya know.

Sounds like something that would happen to us, LOL, we have a standing joke that if it's written on the calender some force of God/nature (illness, hurricaine, snowstorm, ect...) is bound to come up! Hope she survived her meet weekend and I agree with all those who mentioned Motrin...AMAZING stuff!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back