Parents DD Knee Pain After Practice

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

D

Deleted member 28469

I just needed to vent... My DD has lots of knee pain standing up after practice and is complaining. I am going to take her to a doctor, but I'm worried... Her second meet is in February and because she was off for two weeks, she grew one inch and is in lots of pain near her ankles, knee, and wrists. Her coach said she will be fine but i'm not sure HELP PLEASE!!!!
EDIT: I shall add that she is 8 and in level 6

Take her to a good doctor who at least did a rotation in sports medicine. If you can’t find one, email the nearest college gymnastics program and see who they use.

If she is experiencing general pain in several joints, that weren't hurting before, it could be the uptick in training after being off for a couple of weeks - especially if she can't point to an injury that is causing the pain (landing short, etc). In that case, I would watch and wait to see what this week brings. If it doesn't improve, make an ortho appt.

as a side, 2 weeks off of training will not cause such a significant growth spurt. It is likely coincidence, but a growth spurt can cause growing pains so it is possible that is what is causing the joint pains.

Your profile says you are a coach, judge, and a gymnast in addition to being a parent. Surely you have some resources to explore.
Yea but I was only a gymnast till level 5 .... no bad injuries and I am only a sub coach... Judge at small comps

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back