Parents DD State meet results

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

It's hard to believe we just finished Level 5 State Meet...after switching gyms in Jan. DD had a great meet...35.275 AA...took 16th out of 47 girls in her age group. A fall on beam was the difference between 7th or 8th place and 16th....she had a beautiful beam (minus cartwheel...fall :( ) But she recovered nicely and continued...coach told her how impressed he was with how she didn't let that fall ruin her beam...Her floor was great 9.05 with tough judging (5th on floor)...I give her coach the credit for how she's been working with her...I mean not shouting across the floor to correct...actually walking behind her and gentle reminders...straight leg, arms tighter, etc...it really helped her...she was only getting 8.2's or so...and with this approach it was AMAZING. Bar 8.9..low bar cast was low...not sure why she didn't cast her normal cast...clean bars...and vault was 8.75...much improvement for her first meet in Dec (7.3). So all around we are very pleased with her.

She is hoping to move to level 6 in the summer...and I think with hard work and showing that she is willing to do what it takes might just get her there.

Great job! Darn that cartwheel! Out of 8 meets, I think my DD stuck it in 3, though 2 of the 3 were at the last 2 meets so I'm hoping she'll be able to pull it off at her States meet in 3 weeks (though you just never know, do you?). I hope your DD feels great about how she did!

MaryA....good luck to your dd at her state meet !!! My dd had stuck cartwheels all meets, except the last 2...just when all the pieces came together, the cartwheel left...LOL crazy!!!

Congrats to your dd on a very strong state meet! Sounds like the change in gyms is just what she needed. Now some fun time working new skills.

Congrats to your DD. Sounds like she did a great job...and had a good state meet. Glad the new gym seems to be just what she needed. Hoping she gets to move up this summer

Very nice. That is a really big improvement in vault and floor scores!!!!!! That darn cartwheel seems to give all of them problems at one point or another. Hopefully soon she will be in L6 with no cartwheel in sight!!! Congrats to her for a great performance at state meet!

MaryA....good luck to your dd at her state meet !!! My dd had stuck cartwheels all meets, except the last 2...just when all the pieces came together, the cartwheel left...LOL crazy!!!

Do you ever notice that it seems to go in waves? It seems that way to me at any rate. Kathy is usually last or next-to-last to do her beam routine. If most of the girls on her team stick their cartwheel, it seems like Kathy is more likely to stick her cartwheel too. If the girls ahead of her are falling off right and left, Kathy seems more likely to fall too. Peer pressure? Sticky/slippery beam? I don't know!

Do you ever notice that it seems to go in waves? It seems that way to me at any rate. Kathy is usually last or next-to-last to do her beam routine. If most of the girls on her team stick their cartwheel, it seems like Kathy is more likely to stick her cartwheel too. If the girls ahead of her are falling off right and left, Kathy seems more likely to fall too. Peer pressure? Sticky/slippery beam? I don't know!

OMG yes! Our coach has had a deal with the level 5 team for the past 3 years that if everyone of them stuck their cartwheel in a meet, she would provide them a pizza party. This year was the first time that a team actually won it - and they did that only once.

Sounds like my DD. A gym change can be an awesome thing when they're in the wrong place. Glad your DD had a great meet. Darn that beam!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back