Parents DD1 had a great time at her meet!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

GymnasticsMom

Until, she fell on her switch leap. She went for it okay, she didn't exactly stay on and then fall off. It was more of she was scared to land it so she did the switch leap off the beam. Also, fell on her second back walkover. Bars was nice! Giants are getting much better, stuck her layout flyaway:D Vault was also great! Stuck it twice and got first:D:D Now floor, she twisted off the floor and landed on her butt on her front handspring pike. She finished it up nicely with a layout, and getting a little teary at the end. All in all, it was an okay meet.

Beam- 7th place
Floor- 10th place
Bars- 2nd place:D
Vault- 1st place:D

Thanks for the fairy dust!

Very respectable scores. It sounds as though she is doing very well. She must have some lovely bling to show off. Congratulations!

Congrats to her on getting through the meet after a some tough practices---and she did quite well!!! If the switch leap is something she just can't get past(and it extra hard during meet season) she may be able to put a split leap in there instead. My gymmie was one of the few we saw at L7 that did a switch leap. She did it because she has/had trouble hitting 180 on the split leap and for some very strange reason could do it with the switch.

Great way to get going in L7!!! I'm sure you're breathing alot easier. When's the next meet?

Sounds like she had some ups and downs at practice, but still went to the meet and went for things, good for her. Getting past those fears seems harder than the skills sometimes. She did awesome on bars and vault! She also kept going after having troubles, which is a big thing. Tell her to keep practicing hard!

I think anyone who tries a switch leap on beam is amazingly brave. Those things scare me more than BWOs, BHSs, etc on beam, and I certainly don't think I would attempt one after splitting the beam. Ouch.

Awesome placements!

Congrats on all of her bling, but especially for her 1st & 2nd place bling! How exciting!!!

Sounds like she had a really great meet!! 1st on vault and 2nd on bars is awesome !!! Congrats to her :)

She did very well. That switch leap looks hard and I can't imagine doing it on a 4 inch piece of wood!! Good luck the rest of the season.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back