Parents DD2 First Meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

A

arcade

DD2's first meet is over and it was a good meet in one way and a hard one in other ways - first up was floor - a good routine - 9.575:) - 1st place and I think highest floor score of the meet - next up was vault - 8.95 - she has not been vaulting well lately, I dont know why - next was bars - they were in flight 1 and flight 2 warmed up in another gym and vice-versa - she came into the competing gym with no grips on and I knew warm-up had not gone well - she is having problems with her giants and we knew there was a good chance she would not compete bars, it was really tough to watch!!:mad: Next was beam -she fell on her b/handspring - but ok not a total disaster. Our team did awesome and took 1st place against some tough competition. Next meet is in three weeks time so she has to work hard to get a bar routine, so please send that particular fairy if you see her, sorry about rather long story, lol:rolleyes:

Videos will be up soon ..

www.youtube.com/bbjjandc

What an absolutely fabulous floor score for a first L7 meet. She has so much to be proud of. Some things to work on, but a first in the whole meet for floor. WILD!!!!!!

Arcade, She totally ROCKED the floor!!!! Congrats to DD on that major achievement:D!!! Her beam routine is very nice! Sorry she fell on that BHS:(. 8.95 on vault is a fine score:D!!!! So sorry she wasn't able to compete bars:(. She must be very stressed by that giant...I know my DD is. When one skill really has them stressed I think it effects all the rest(even though they are suppose to learn not to let that happen). Her coach won't let her compete clear hips(free hips)? That's what my DD is doing until she perfects her giant. That way at least she gets to compete in the AA. Any chance your DD's coach would allow that:confused:.

SHe looked great! Her floor routine was fabulous- what a great score! I thought her beam was rather good, too, notwithstanding the one fall. You should certainly be proud, as I know you are!

Saw her floor on Saturday. It was really great. I wasn't able to see anything else live though! The baby kept me busy lol. The floor really was fantastic though!!!!Jen
DD2's first meet is over and it was a good meet in one way and a hard one in other ways - first up was floor - a good routine - 9.575:) - 1st place and I think highest floor score of the meet - next up was vault - 8.95 - she has not been vaulting well lately, I dont know why - next was bars - they were in flight 1 and flight 2 warmed up in another gym and vice-versa - she came into the competing gym with no grips on and I knew warm-up had not gone well - she is having problems with her giants and we knew there was a good chance she would not compete bars, it was really tough to watch!!:mad: Next was beam -she fell on her b/handspring - but ok not a total disaster. Our team did awesome and took 1st place against some tough competition. Next meet is in three weeks time so she has to work hard to get a bar routine, so please send that particular fairy if you see her, sorry about rather long story, lol:rolleyes:

Videos will be up soon ..

www.youtube.com/bbjjandc

OMG Jen, your DD did great, her beam was fantastic, congrats on her AA win, maybe we can get together at the next meet!!

Thx so much! I didn't even c her beam. I can't watch beam so I was out watching football lol. Would love to meet next time for sure!!!!And tell ur dd not to sweat the giants. I am sure they will be back soon. So much is mental for thse young ones!Jen
OMG Jen, your DD did great, her beam was fantastic, congrats on her AA win, maybe we can get together at the next meet!!

I think she did great! Love her beam routine, so graceful. Her floor routine rocked! I hope she gets her bars for the next meet. Can imagine how sad she was. Tell her she is awesome!

Wow Arcade,

I not only watched your level 7 daughter, but I also checked out the level 5 and level 3. You have some talented girls. I only have one in the gym at level 4--I cannot imagine what you pay for 3 in the gym.

How old are your girls?

Barb

What a beautiful floor routine, she really sold it well. I thought she looked lovely on beam as well, I am sure it would have been a great score without the fall. Isn't it great to have the first meet out of the way! It looks like it will be a wonderful level 7 season!

WOW !!! She did great luv the floor her tumbling looked perfect and beam. I am sure her bars will come together soon .Congrats to job well done on her 1st L7 meet!

Great job! What lovely scores for her first L7 Meet! Holy cow.. she has nice tumbling!

The bars will get there! Tell her not to fret!

WOW - Amazing floor:D! First level 7 meet, too! She has some awesome tumbling skills. My dd is level 5 and was invited to participate in a two month series of private tumbling classes with her HC. Maybe she can do that well at level 7;)! I thought her beam was really good, too. She probably would have scored up in the 9's if it weren't for the fall. Tell her congratulations:)!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back