DD's 1st Level 6 meet of the season!!! She placed 1st!! :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

PureTalent

Proud Parent
So I posted the other day about her mock meet results....now for her results from today's REAL meet. It was their 1st Level 6 meet of the season. DD did awesome and I'm so proud!

She placed 1st in the ALL-around with a 37.40!!

Beam: 9.35 Placed 3rd (she ALMOST fell after her full turn but stood on!!!)
Floor: 9.50 Placed 1st
Vault: 9.65 Placed 2nd
Bars: 8.90 Placed 1st (in the entire meet there was only one girl who scored over a 9.0 on bars which was her older teammate who got a 9.35. DD got the 2nd highest bar score out of the entire meet.)

Their team placed 1st as well! :)

Next meet is a Sectional meet in 3 more weeks! Can't wait! :)

Thanks for letting me share. :)

Last edited:
Very nice meet results, nice to know she qualified to States and that she can move on and relax more.

Did she have FUN???

Did she get ice cream afterwards?? That is my fav part of meets, and my kids fav part as well.

Very nice meet results, nice to know she qualified to States and that she can move on and relax more.

Did she have FUN???

Did she get ice cream afterwards?? That is my fav part of meets, and my kids fav part as well.
Yes, she had fun! She did say since beam was first and it was her 1st time competing level 6 in front of a meet, she was nervous (it showed, she had some wobbles, etc.). She enjoys meets so much!

Unfortunately, we did a quick dinner thing but no icecream. :( It ended pretty late and they had school the next day and it was an hour away from where we lived. Ick. But she enjoyed her strawberry lemonade frozen frappe with her meal ;)

Wow - fantastic 1st meet scores! What goals does she set after an opening like that?
she's a bit hard on herself and was disappointed w/ her beam score. This is something we try to work through with her....being hard on herself, etc. I told her she did amazing at her first meet and the important thing is that she gave it her best and had fun! As far as her goals.....well she will tell you her goal is to make a 3-time state champion. She wants that title for Level 6. haha I'm curious to see how her scores go from here to states. She's competing about 6 meets in level 6 including states. Then they're doing level 7 (6 meets in level 7 including states) so their season is gonna be a bit longer this year.

WOW! Level 6 is tough.:D Good for her! First year right?
Yes, 1st year level 6. She is competing half the season for level 6 then doing level 6 states. Then competing half the season in level 7. Level 6 states is in Jan. Level 7 states is in April. So her season will be about 3 mos. longer than usual this year.

she's a bit hard on herself and was disappointed w/ her beam score. This is something we try to work through with her....being hard on herself, etc. I told her she did amazing at her first meet and the important thing is that she gave it her best and had fun! As far as her goals.....well she will tell you her goal is to make a 3-time state champion. She wants that title for Level 6. haha I'm curious to see how her scores go from here to states. She's competing about 6 meets in level 6 including states. Then they're doing level 7 (6 meets in level 7 including states) so their season is gonna be a bit longer this year.

Remind her to enjoy herself as by the sounds of your schedule it is going to be a long crazy year! Where we are from the first meet is in January and if we are lucky at best maybe three meets for the year and then one more if you qualify for Westerns!

She did a great job! My daughter was at the same meet and didn't fair nearly as well. I don't know if not taking her booster medication with enough time before the meet (ADHD) affected her, but she definately was not "on." That is an amazing AA score and it looks like she is well on her way to her goal.

She did a great job! My daughter was at the same meet and didn't fair nearly as well. I don't know if not taking her booster medication with enough time before the meet (ADHD) affected her, but she definately was not "on." That is an amazing AA score and it looks like she is well on her way to her goal.
Thanks so much! When ur team was at beam, I remembered to try to "find" your daughter. I was going by the cheering of their names, and believe I missed her cuz different names were called out and not hers. So I probably missed it. We were sitting right in front of beam but towards the vault. Were you on the uppper level or down below? Then after beam, it was nearly impossible to hear the kids names being called out so didnt get to watch yours. :( It's only the first meet of the season, your DD has plenty of time to get the scores up and kick butt! ;) When is your next meet?

Wow! That is a long season. Where we live, States are all around the same time so no way they could compete what is essentially two full seasons!

Good luck to her! Have fun!

WTG, what an awesome first meet. Im sure she will do much better on beam next meet.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back