Parents DD's coach finally letting her do her harder skills again.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Jenn's Jam

Proud Parent
If you didn't read my thread " "Progressing to fast" ..?" I reccomend reading that before this one.https://www.chalkbucket.com/forums/threads/progressing-way-to-fast.60736/page-2#post-526876

Anyways, so for the past 2 months dd's coach did start giving her every other week private lessons along with paying more attention to her during practice just to see where she really did stand in gym. So he had a talk with me yesterday and apologized.... He said that her progress really didn't need to be stopped- nothing wrong with her form, she is pyshically and mentally capable to do the skills, and he shouldn't have tracked her back.. So he is now letting her start doing her harder skills again that he halted 2 months ago:) (front layout, Double BHS on beam, Sukes on vault, RO BHS BL, Giants, & more) He also mentioned that she would still compete her lower ranked skills & compete Xcel Gold instead of platinum, but I honestly think thats a good call so she can just keep training her harder skills for next year :) This is her first meet season// First year of gym in general so I am not gonna rush anything. So DD (12) came back from gym with a big smile on her face! ;)

If some of those skills are competition ready, she COULD compete them in Gold. I am thinking ROBHSBLO and Beam BHS-BHS and even the Front Layout ... but only if they are competition ready.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back