Parents dd's first Level 3 meet

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

sheplaysinthechalk

Coach
Proud Parent
Judge
Honestly, I'm proud of her - big time.

It was not her best performance on either of the 4 events, by a long shot. Well, actually, beam was really amazing!

She started out on floor. I was very thankful that she was starting on floor - she has a beautiful floor routine. It's cake for her. Anyway, (For those familiar with L3), she salutes, steps onto the floor. The music starts. She did step-kick-handstand roll, step hurdle round off, three steps back...then just stood there. :eek: My stomach dropped to the floor. She then lays flat and does bridge kick over (leaving out the back roll!!). Then stayed in a lunge :eek: (at that point, my stomach drops like all the way out of my body) The music kept playing, she stayed in a lunge and did not move. Then she remembered the leg balance, and did that - but not "with the music." Then she did straight jump SPLIT JUMP :eek: (instead of straight jump tuck jump) plie, finish. The poor baby forgot almost the entire routine. Was deducted for omissions and change in element for split jump...not a good score. BUT - she didn't freak out at all! She did what she could to finish her routine, smiled and saluted the judge, then went and fived her teammates! Didn't shed a tear, and kept on smiling! She later told me that she freaked out when the music started because it wasn't level 2 music and when she goes to a meet, she shows the judges level 2 :confused: That was confusing for me. She has been doing level 3 routines in the gym for 4 months now.

Next was vault. Gotta love it. Yesterday (for whatever reason) she decided to show the judges that she can handstand flat fall instead of dive roll.:eek: In my head i was like "OMG WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" But i just sat there trying to smile and appear calm.:cool::cool: I thought to myself, "it's fine, she gets another vault"...Then, she salutes for her second vault, runs, hits the springboard really weird. She did do the dive roll, but it wasn't her regular dive roll. this one was bent arms, bent legs. Also, not a great score, but not completely awful.

Then bars. At this point, i am no longer nervous. (thank god) She pulled over, did a cast well above horizontal (which she never does) and fell on the back hip circle. Got back up, did the leg cut and nailed her mill circle. When she finished her mill circle, she looked right at the judge and smiled! LOL! Then, I guess since her mill circle was so good, she decided to DO IT AGAIN!! :rolleyes: It was almost like she thought "in case you didn't see how awesome that mill circle was, here it is again!" TOO FUNNY! Anyway, she finished the routine, stuck the dismount. Again, with the fall and the added element - not a great score, but it was also not completely awful. Bars was hilarious. She was cute!

Last was beam. Amazing routine (in my unprofessional opinion). No falls. Great score.

Her scores were:

Floor 6.5 - 9th place
Vault 8.45 - 3nd place
Bars 8.35 - 2nd place
Beam 9.55 - 1st place
AA - 32.85 - 2nd place

I am really very very proud of her for not freaking out after floor, bars and vault. IMHO dispite the issues that she had, she still had a great meet considering she's only 5 and needs to gain meet experience more than anything else right now, i think.

Isn't it lovely that she did things her way, had some fun and still did well. The mind of a 6 year old is a very interesting thing. Congrats on doing so well. Her placements are very nice.

That has to be the cutest meet report I have heard ever. She is just being 5 and it is adorable. I LOVE that she had to show the judges 2 mill circles. She was like, you liked that? Here, I can do it AGAIN! Priceless moments for sure. I hope you got them on video. :) And way to rock the beam!!! Glad she had fun her first meet AND that you survived it. :D Thanks for making my day. Her meet report will keep me smiling for hours. Just too sweet and cute.

Awwwww! How cute is that!!!! I had a smile on my face reading because I could picture in my mind her smiling at the judge on bars and high fiving her teammates after floor!!! That is awesome that she has the confidence to go out there and "do her stuff" and not get freaked out when things don't go as they should (sounds like we have a potential diva on our hands). :) I love the beam score and sounds like she had an awesome meet. Way to go!!

Oh how cute! Bummer she messed up, but at least she's got that first meet nervousness out of the way. Love her attitude :)

Oh my - I just laughed out loud at your report. I can just see her darling little face beaming at the judges and doing her mill circle again. Just priceless. Please copy your report and create a scrapbook page with any pictures from the event. Someday you will both look back and laugh. She must have done an amazing job on beam. Now that her first meet is under her belt, the next one will be so much easier.

That is an awesome meet report!

How cool is that!

I love the part about the Mill Circle. Midget would so do that if she got it.

Thanks for sharing.

I have to agree with Mariposa, THE cutest meet report ever. I was laughing out loud! How awesome is it that she thinks she is awesome?! Love how she high-fived everyone after floor and she obviously had an amazing beam routine. Congrats on such a fun and memorable first meet! I think I would actually buy the video of that one:)!

Let me just say I've been waiting for this meet report for a while. "A" is one of my (and Liv's) favorite youtube gymmies. She is just darling and so talented.

I laughed out loud throughout the whole meet report. Hope you video taped it becuase those moments will short lived for her. Cherish the little moments. I watched back some of Liv's first L3 routines this year and laughed at how little and confused she looked. Even this year she's had a few mishaps that I just find adorable at how she reacted and recovered. Too Cute!

Tell "A" her CB family is very proud!!:D

I was totally laughing all the way through the entire report. And good for her not freaking out on the floor. Too cute! Like Mariposa said "I hope you got a video of that " You can look at that in a few years and just wish it were that simple again! hehe

she had to have a GREAT beam routine! and she sounded so cute! i guess she wants to be an optional already! LOL :)! great enthusiasum! sounds like a promising little gymmie! keep us updated! thanks! :) great meet anyway though!

I bet she was so so incredibly cute and man that beam routine must have ROCKED. Very good scores and you just gotta love all that 5 yr old cuteness!:)

I love that she did the meet her way and still came out with 2nd AA!
That's awesome!! Congrats on the funnest, most fantastic meet :D

First of all, you guys are all so awesome! It's really great to have the CB to share things like this. Thank you for all of the kind responses!

The bad news is that we did not capture anything on video. Our video camera has been out of commission for a few months now and I still haven't gotten around to buying a new one - too many choices and i just can't decide on one.

The meet was a total blast, though. DD was on cloud nine because "i did really good, right?" She is so funny! I am still blown away that she did so well despite the mishaps. Our next meet isn't for a few more weeks, dd is already talking about it and is very excited.

And, not that I am trying to coach her, but we have been quizzing her on how many mill circles are in her bar routine!!;)

You will be LOL about this meet for a very long time! In spite of all the little "things" that went wrong, she did soooo well! Not familiar with L3, but your very detailed meet report made me visualize the whole thing, very humerous and she sounds too cute! I would have given her a 10 if she smiled at me and did another mill circle! Can't wait for the next meet!

My DD fell off beam 2 times a couple meets ago and LOL each time at herself. No worries! Coach not too happy, but glad my DD has that personality that lets it all roll off...it's nice not to feel that stress when so many others do. Congrats to your DD for not letting that floor routine ruin the rest of her meet!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back