Parents DD's gym is closing

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

No, sadly. At least not for our family. The closest options are a more than 90 min drive in good weather. That's just not sustainable for us.

And you are right to decide that this type of commute is not for you right off the bat because I can tell you , as someone who did a 2 hour (at least, depending on traffic and weather) Commute each way for many years, it becomes a life of its own.... I had to modify my work schedule, the girls' school schedules, arrange for my other child to be cared for around this 200 mile round trip commute each day ...it is daunting and is not a "let's see how it goes" type of committment. It was worth it for us but definitely not for most folks...

That said, I'm sad her gymnastics didn't end on your daughter's terms... but that happened to my youngest with an injury, and I can tell you , she did thrive in other activities and with her friends , after she left the sport so there is life after gymnastics.

And you are right to decide that this type of commute is not for you right off the bat because I can tell you , as someone who did a 2 hour (at least, depending on traffic and weather) Commute each way for many years, it becomes a life of its own.... I had to modify my work schedule, the girls' school schedules, arrange for my other child to be cared for around this 200 mile round trip commute each day ...it is daunting and is not a "let's see how it goes" type of committment. It was worth it for us but definitely not for most folks...

That said, I'm sad her gymnastics didn't end on your daughter's terms... but that happened to my youngest with an injury, and I can tell you , she did thrive in other activities and with her friends , after she left the sport so there is life after gymnastics.

Seconding the life after gymnastics bit. My older one, retired after two years of 9 18 months ago and has zero regrets.

I’m so sorry. I can imagine how devastating this is for your daughter (and you). There will be something after this for her.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back