Parents DDs knee ..... maybe more than a torn tendon?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Committed

Proud Parent
It's been 5 weeks since the initial injury (dx'd as a torn patellar tendon), and DD is still in pain. It tapered off for awhile, but it's back. I put in an email to the ortho, and he wants to do an MRI now. :(

I'm nervous that it's more than just a small injury! The other night, she was just sitting on the coach, in her leg brace, and her knee just started popping. Loudly.

Anyone been through anything like this?

No, but I really hope that they can figure out what's going on and that it's nothing serious! Do you have the MRI scheduled yet?

I hope they figure it out quickly. I can't imagine waiting :( So sorry she is having to deal with that!

It's been 5 weeks since the initial injury (dx'd as a torn patellar tendon), and DD is still in pain. It tapered off for awhile, but it's back. I put in an email to the ortho, and he wants to do an MRI now. :(

I'm nervous that it's more than just a small injury! The other night, she was just sitting on the coach, in her leg brace, and her knee just started popping. Loudly.

Anyone been through anything like this?

i'd be more concerned with your daughter sitting on the coach. or did you mean couch? if couch, then i would be concerned.

Did the MRI today. Apparently it takes several days for the radiologist to read the results and forward to the ortho. :(

Apparently, it doesn't take a few days...... DDs MRI results came out clean. She can even stop wearing the brace now (almost a week earlier than we had been told).
Ortho said the pain could be from keeping the knee immobilized for so long ...... or, I take her to the ER for hip issues. Hip issues often present as knee issues at her age. I'll give that one a few days before I start ER visits!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back