Parents Dd's Level 8 Meet Video

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I just love her floor, she is quite the performer. Lovely bars, and boy she scared the life out of me with that beam fall, you and the Grandma's must have been shocked by that.

Great meet overall, 2nd place with two falls is amazing.

Thanks! I was a little nervous because she didn't just bounce back up and with those speakers right in my way I had no idea how she landed. Luckily, she did get up and finish.

I just love her floor, she is quite the performer. Lovely bars, and boy she scared the life out of me with that beam fall, you and the Grandma's must have been shocked by that.

Great meet overall, 2nd place with two falls is amazing.

Good job Kerri! Her fl and bars were amazing the fall on the beam was quit scary she did a great job on getting back up and finishing strong,I am sure she will be nailing her vault soon .Good luck to her on Sun!Thanks for sharing the vids.

GS ~ how did you not have an audible reaction to her fall on beam? Did you breathe at all??? :eek:

She really has grown and doing so great! Very elegant on floor. Hey, maybe she's just too powerful right now for that vault! It will come and it will be awesome! Where is she competing this weekend?

Thanks! I was a little nervous because she didn't just bounce back up and with those speakers right in my way I had no idea how she landed. Luckily, she did get up and finish.

I probably wouldn't have thrown the camera down and jumped up to see! Those were lovely routines and the vault looked great too! Cute grandmas :)

I loved her floor routine and really enjoyed her music. Very graceful and tight She is very talented. she's going to have a great season.

Ok, so I guess I am a little nutty, but I don't react to falls. Regardless of how I react it doesn't change what has happened. I take a wait and see approach. I've always been this way since my kids have been born. I think they tend to react more to the parents reaction than what has actually happened.

I also really got used to it from when she would get thrown around on the soccer field, because all of the girls she plays against are much bigger than her and she usually takes at least 1 to 2 good rag doll hits a game. Soccer is slowly phasing out, but she is still on a team now (dh is the coach, so when she can make it she does).

As for competing this weekend, well she had her 1st Sectional at Rutgers University. It's good because she will get to see what other gyms are out there in the state and where she falls for her age group, but some of the gyms won't be there because they will be at your gym for the Parkettes meet.

I am expecting her floor score to be lower. It seems her floor routine is liked much more outside of the state. She has competed in 4 meets thus far and the 2 in NJ her floor scores were 8.95 and 9.125. Her 2 meets out of state her floor scores were 9.55 and 9.475 - big difference huh? Same routines, almost performed identically - talk about subjective sport....:rolleyes:

GS ~ how did you not have an audible reaction to her fall on beam? Did you breathe at all??? :eek:

She really has grown and doing so great! Very elegant on floor. Hey, maybe she's just too powerful right now for that vault! It will come and it will be awesome! Where is she competing this weekend?

I am expecting her floor score to be lower. It seems her floor routine is liked much more outside of the state. She has competed in 4 meets thus far and the 2 in NJ her floor scores were 8.95 and 9.125. Her 2 meets out of state her floor scores were 9.55 and 9.475 - big difference huh? Same routines, almost performed identically - talk about subjective sport....:rolleyes:

Funny that you say this...we've always found that our girls consistently score lower at Rutgers meets, whether they are hosted by RU or not!

Hey, aren't you there on Saturday?

Here's hoping to high scores for all events.

Just got the roster for the Sectional and dd is starting on bars, 2nd flight. I'm ok with that I guess, of course I would love for them to have good ole vault 1st, but this will put vault last for dd and that may not be such a bad thing.

Funny that you say this...we've always found that our girls consistently score lower at Rutgers meets, whether they are hosted by RU or not!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back