Parents DD's sick......

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymmom14

Proud Parent
My DD (14yo, Level 8.5) has been so sick. I feel really bad for her. It started the Saturday before last with a sinus and ear infection. Was doing a bit better with an antiobiotic mid week, but then got a horrible virus. She has had a fever on and off with a horrible, continuous cough since this past saturday. Needless to say she has missed a ton of gym. I am thinking of calling the Dr. again today, but I don't think there is anything else they can do for her. She was up and down all night. Say a prayer this finally ends SOON!

that really stinks !!!! so much crap going around. seems to happen every fall. best to keep her home until she is 100%. don't want her to get injured or spread the crud.

prayers for quick healing.

I hope she feels better soon! Lots of fluids and sleep is about all you can do for a virus. :( If the cough is productive and she still has it in a couple of days, with no signs of improvement, I would take her back to the Dr. Ask for a chest x-ray to rule out pneumonia.

Thanks for the kind words. She in no way can go to gym. She is weak and coughing all the time. I told her just write the rest of the week off and see how she feels for Monday. She said maybe she would be better for Saturday practice. I told her probably not. It is different now that she is not doing just cartwheels. These big skills carry a big risk if you are not 100%. She understood. BTW- cough is not really productive. Her lungs were clear when I had her at the Dr. on Tuesday. She has had more than her share if ibuprophren over the last 10 days. Enough is enough!

ahh. thats horrible i will be keeping her in my prayers. tell her than if she goes on saturday and she isnt 100% she will just get sick again. :(

Sending prayers. I really hope she starts to feel better soon! It's hard to see them sick for so long, especially when they just have to wait it out. :(

Hope she's off with her friends and back in the gym in no time!

Sorry to read that your dd is so sick and I hope she feels better soon. I just wanted to share with you our story. Last Sunday, my dd developed a sudden fever and her "kind of runny nose" was starting to look greenish, so I took her in the next day and we were told that she had a sinus infection, her lungs sounded good. Fast forward a day and her fever was 104. I took her back to the DR and it was diagnosed as viral pneumonia. They switched her antibiotics and in a day she was feeling much better. I'd take your in. Good luck!

Ugh--I hate viruses! Nothing really you can do about it. Poor kid.

If she is running a fever, as the last poster mentioned her dd had, I would definitely take her back in though.

Poor kid. She probably got hit harder by this virus since she was already fighting off other infections. I would still follow up with the doc if the cough continues and doesn't get any better and/or she has any sign of a fever.

UPDATE: I think she has made the turn. No fever yesterday or today without motrin. Still coughing, but a little less. The best sign is she is looking like herself. Smiling and laughing again. Thanks for all the advise!

UPDATE: I think she has made the turn. No fever yesterday or today without motrin. Still coughing, but a little less. The best sign is she is looking like herself. Smiling and laughing again. Thanks for all the advise!

That's great news!! So glad she's finally feeling better.:D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back