Parents DD's state results

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

DD has states in January and finished up her season at the end of February. I am finally getting around to uploading some videos of her for family and though I would share her state meet here. DD was diagnosed ADD-primary inattentive this year and since starting meds has been doing much better as she is finally able to pay attention to the little details that escaped her before. I am so proud of how hard she has been working both in school and gym.

Bars - 1st place - 9.575
Beam - 8th place - 8.9
Vault - 8th place - 9.050
Floor - 9th place - 9.150
AA - 2nd place - 36.675

YouTube - Level5States

Thanks. If you had only seen her in August (before she was diagnosed) you would not believe it was possible. She did not have one connected skill in her bar routine, her kip was inconsistent at best and in general was just a sloppy mess on all events. She has come a long way and had to really work hard in order to be ready to compete. At the beginning of the season, I was pretty sure that she would be doing 2 years of level 5 becuase nothing was clicking but now I believe she will move to level 6 when they announce move-ups. She is working really hard right now to get all of her level 6 skills so that can be a possibility.

Your DD did so well! She has a lot to be excited about! I too have a soon with ADD, and his meds have helped him so much. I bet she is so proud of herself for simply being able to focus so well. My son certainly can acknowledge the difference his treatment has made for him. Congratulations to your DD!!

Wow that is a great, great meet! Congrats to her. My youngest has ADHD...so I know exactly what you are talking about. She has improved since starting meds in January, but we still don't quite have them figured out and she gets really sleepy. Anyway...congrats on 1st on bars...that's a crazy crazy good score. On to level 6, I say! She's ready!!

Wow! She did AWESOME!! Dani watched the video with me and right after she saw her first vault she said, "DANG!! She's good!" Her bars was amazing! Dani's like "OMG-I need to do bars like THAT!!" Her casts are so high and she transitions so smoothly! Great job!!

Thank you all for the kind words. I know there is still lots of room for improvement, but she has just come so far. One of her first coaches (and hopefully will be her coach again next year should she move up) LOVES the bars. When she first started out (and was not diagnosed) her main coach, while wonderful, just didn't click with her. I can't blame her, as Emma was not focused at all and she would have to give her the same correction over and over and over ...... Anyway, one time she said to me that she loved this particular coach because "she believes in me." It brought tears to my eyes. I swear this is one of the reason that she just loves and wants to do well on bars. She loves this coach and wants to make her proud. Emma is not a "natural" gymanst and oftentimes struggles learning new skills more than her peers, however, she is a hard worker. One of my favorite quotes for her is "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard!"

Wow that is a great, great meet! Congrats to her. My youngest has ADHD...so I know exactly what you are talking about. She has improved since starting meds in January, but we still don't quite have them figured out and she gets really sleepy. Anyway...congrats on 1st on bars...that's a crazy crazy good score. On to level 6, I say! She's ready!!

Awe, I'm sorry to hear your having a tough time with the meds. I know it can be such a struggle to find the right medicine and dose. We are so blessed that she has had no reaction to the meds and they don't bother her at all. She takes Concerta in the morning and then takes a Ritalin booster before gymanstics on nights she has practice. In the 3 months she has been on them, she grew 1/4" and gained 1.5 lbs (which she says is all muscle LOL) I hope you get it all sorted out soon.

Great job at States! I have a child who is ADHD (not my gymmie but my son) and I know how tough things can be for them. The fact that she has made so much progress is fantastic. :) Congrats on a solid state meet!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back