MAG Dealing with team member conflict

• Thread starter Deleted member 10727
  • Start date

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics
Well it is hard to give an advice if you just know the one side of the story.
Why was she yelling from the tops of her lungs ? What did make her so mad ? Why did you correct her pronunciation of a word, did it make her feel minor ?
You say she is acting weird now, hanging out at the gym, talking to the other moms….probably she is scared that you talk bad about her. In my opinion the only thing that should be done is a talk between you and the other mom. You don't need to be best friends but to leave the kids out of it, for the sake of the team. Try to address it outside of the gym. If she still insists on not talking to you, write her a message.
It is hard for the coach to interfere because he just knows your side of the story. Maybe he is waiting for a good timing to address a subject like this..

I hope to get a chance to talk to her, I always think the best of people, maybe this is just a misunderstanding ???

Best of luck :)

This is not a misunderstanding. I appreciate you thinking empathetically (honestly), but I don't care to have any kind of relationship with her. I just want my sons to feel comfortable around this boy and for him to feel comfortable around my sons. I don't want the coach involved with the parent issues, for sure.

As far as sending her a message, I tried that originally and she very rudely told me to bugger off, in not so many words. I won't discuss her overreactions to normal social situations as if I caused them. Even if I was out of line in any way, there is no justification for the way she reacted (ie. crazy).

A small update. The boy is talking to my kids when the mom isn't around.

I'm glad to hear it, GymBoyzMom. It has to be really hard for her son but it sounds like your guys are keeping the doors open with him. Not easy on either side. Hopefully the coach will keep things civil during practice, even when the mom is around, and hopefully she will move on to some other confrontation outside of the gym.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back