MAG Dear Meet Director

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

momto2js

Proud Parent
Dear Meet Director:

It might be a great venue, it might be a great city. I know you want to include your small boys team in your gyms event. However, if you don't get enough entries to support having a full slate of judges, please do all of us a favor and cancel the event. We will be sorry to miss, but 6.5 hours to compete and award 60 gymnasts because you only have 3 judges is MISERABLE.

Sincerely,
Every parent that has ever lived through a 6 hour meet!!

Oh that is tough. We went to one, 3.5 hours away, that at the last minute made it one session, levels 4-10. It was a long, hard meet.

Are you kidding?? Couldn't they at least have roped in some L10s who'd taken the judging course to help out with compulsories???

OMG, Skschlag, I cannot even begin to imagine that kind of chaos. Our program director would have [imagine the worst possible thing you can imagine and then double it].

Our gym recently did a meet that ended up with our last session being approx 5 1/2 hrs long! There were so many gymnasts in the session that they divided each rotation group into 2 groups and had them warm up & then compete group 1 then warm up & compete group 2 for each rotation. We had beam last, which my girls hate, so needless to say by the time they got to beam it was VERY late with a lot of sitting so they were all tired. Not to mention the beam collapsed on one end with a level 10 doing her dismount which my girls saw so that scared the heck out of them. It was just crazy!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back