Off Topic Deathly Hallows part 2 movie (SPOILER ALERT)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymgurl

Coach
Gymnast
Okay, I am probably one of the most obsessed people there is and have read each book between 2 and 5 times and know just about everything about it and thought it would be nice to have a discussion on the movie

My thoughts?

Ok I think they did a fair job in retelling the story but it had the potential to be spectacular and just didn't live up to expectations.

A few things that annoyed me

We never found out about the Dumbledore family history, We learnt so much in the book and it frustrated me that it wasn't in the movie

The whole hogwarts scene was different, for one he didn't go and face death alone, he said goodbye (makes it way less emotional), He didn't go to the ravenclaw tower to find out about the diadem, Grey lady scene was just not how i imagined it, he didn't go to face death under his invisibility cloak, when coming back to life he never was under the invisibility cloak and the mystery was gone, In the book harry and voldemort never jump off the cliff hugging each other

I was also disappointed in that we never really found out about the elder wands allegiance and why it wasn't working for him even after killing snape and how snape didn't defeat Dumbledore etc. The pensieve scene also missed a lot that i would have liked to see.

Finally, I think that they should have stuck to the ending when he repaired his wand and put the elder wand in Dumbledores grave rather than snapping it.

Epilogue, meh, didn't really like it, Ginny looked awful, Malfoy's wife was pretty, Hermione looked the same and the scene could have been better

Things I loved

All the cinematography! I have been critical of the plot but as a film it was a masterpiece, the special effects, soundtrack omg it was so epic!!!!

OMG OMG OMG OMG IT WAS FREAKING AMAZING I CRIED THE WHOLE TIME!!!!!!!!

what did you all think?

I agree on all the same things, but they put Mrs. Weasleys line in the movie (my all time favorite thing she has said) and I thought it was going it get cut so I was happy! :) It could have been better in many way and matched the book more but overall it was a great movie :)

I was crying my eyes out from when Fred died, to the end of the credits. I LOVED how Neville really came to his own in this book, and wow--they really portrayed that well in the movie! I saw the midnight premiere, and overall, I wasn't disappointed. I was actually just really happy that they included the epilogue. It was my favorite part of the book!

I was crying my eyes out from when Fred died, to the end of the credits. I LOVED how Neville really came to his own in this book, and wow--they really portrayed that well in the movie! I saw the midnight premiere, and overall, I wasn't disappointed. I was actually just really happy that they included the epilogue. It was my favorite part of the book!

they didn't really do Fred's death to much justice :( I was really disappointed in it (but it was good overall in the scene) :(

they didn't really do Fred's death to much justice :( I was really disappointed in it (but it was good overall in the scene) :(

I agree it was so much sadder in the book! and i think that neville was great and i love mcgonagalls lines "I've always wanted to use that spell" and filch "Students out of bed, students out of bed!" "They're supposed to be out of bed you blithering idiot" God i love harry potter, the epilogue could have been better but the music was gahhhhh omg omg i can see some epic floor music coming from it!!! hopefully i can get a new routine to it!! I cried from beginning to end and i think i am currently suffering a combination of PHPSD (post harry potter stress disorder) and PHPD (Post Harry Potter Depression)

I agree it was so much sadder in the book! and i think that neville was great and i love mcgonagalls lines "I've always wanted to use that spell" and filch "Students out of bed, students out of bed!" "They're supposed to be out of bed you blithering idiot" God i love harry potter, the epilogue could have been better but the music was gahhhhh omg omg i can see some epic floor music coming from it!!! hopefully i can get a new routine to it!! I cried from beginning to end and i think i am currently suffering a combination of PHPSD (post harry potter stress disorder) and PHPD (Post Harry Potter Depression)

lol i loved those lines :) i am getting new music for next season, i already told my coach it will be harry potter (i get to pick my music, and help with my routine) :) lol now i am going to use those :) my mom is wondering why i am asking to go to the movie all the time! the epilogue was so disappointing i was hoping it would be better, there as so many details in it! but none big details were in the movie!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back