Off Topic Decoration ideas for gymnastics cubbies/lockers

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Optionals United

Moderator/Gymnast
Coach
Gymnast
Okay well the my team(girls optionals) just got our own cubbies/lockers. We had them before and then thye got taken away because we needed more space but now we have them back. They are in like a storage type thing, i dont know how to explain it. it basically looks like this http://www.thestoragecabinet.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/wood-storage-closets.jpg but white on the outside,wooden, and smaller cubbies.

My question is what are some things that we could do to decorate it. we were thinking about asking if we could paint the back of the cubbies with the gym color(im pretty sure they have some extra from when they painted the gym last month) also i was thinking to get a white board and every week putting a quote or saying, but my teammates wernt going for it.( i thought it was a good idea though..)There isnt very much room to decorate so something simple and removable probably,also the optional team are ages 12-17. Any ideas are welcome.;)

We also have a deliema, we have had are cubbies for less than a day and they have been invaded already. The boys team had basically taken over the gym in the past year and now our cuubies too. they have had their own area for about 7 months now and there is plenty of rrom for their stuff in their cubbies.(girls team was in the front of the gym where the parents are=no privacy) well they started putting their stuff in our cubbies, it is OURS(girls team!!!) cubbies the owner said so. well we dont know what to do about it. the lockers they have been putting their stuff in looks like this Diy Shoe Storage Closet Custom Closets Closet Shoe Organizer | Dingchengprinting | Import Export Trade Leads TradersCity but white and wooden. How do we stop them? I was thinking getting a sheet and hanging it over the cubbies and writing Girls Team in puffy paint on it. Do you have any other ideas?
We have respected this boys team for a long time now. long story short we were parent run got 2 male owners last May(2010) and they brought about 10 optional boys with them. So they basically came in and took over the gym. we have a good relationship with them boys team and owners but sometimes they get on out nerves sometimes!! We respect them and now they are putting their stuff in our area we are pretty mad!!

Thanks for any answers in advance, any ideas will help!!;)

Team spirit is very important...talk to your coach and teammates and get that sucker decorated. I stick the stickers from my coffee on my locker.

Oh...boys team and girls team should be part of the same big team!...right? We have team events a couple times per year that include all team members...boys and girls.

We are..... we do beach workouts and volleyball after,go to camp together, bowling,sleepovers, dinners,ect. It is just that this is are space and we dont appreciate the boys puttin their stuff in it because they have plenty of their own space.Also we have seen how they treat their space(messing wrapers, week old food, empty bottles ect.) and if they put their stuff in our space then thats going to happen to ours also.WE Respect their space so we feel like they should respect ours and let it be ours thats all. we have a great relationship between the teams and can talk about anything its amazing we are alll like brothers ans sister. I guess the last part sent a worn messege we just want it to be our space... since it was taken away from us before we think it might be overtaken if they start putting their stuff in it.

Just an idea

With permission, do you think you could paint the exterior of the locker unit with black chalkboard paint and then decorate with colored chalk? That would be CUTE and each team member could do some decorating. ;)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News